Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
100% Kona coffee from Hawaii this morning. Not anywhere close to as good as Kopi Luwat civet droppings coffee (by far the best in the world) but far better than any other arabica or anything else I have ever tried. Can’t really find the 100% in the states, always a blend.

I miss Kona coffee... I haven't been back to Hawai'i in years, but I always brought some home when our TDY was over. I won't buy Kona coffee at the store here in Colorado...just not the same. We settle for whole been espresso roast in this house. Lol.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
100% Kona coffee from Hawaii this morning. Not anywhere close to as good as Kopi Luwat civet droppings coffee (by far the best in the world) but far better than any other arabica or anything else I have ever tried. Can’t really find the 100% in the states, always a blend.

Hawaii has been state since 1959. Welcome!
I also love 100% Kona and buy it regularly.
Here in the continental 48
Thank you Fed Ex airplanes!
It ain't cheap, but it's worth it.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Drinkin some schwaggy Labatts and reading a Daredevil 1-10 trade. Hope your all are having a good night!
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Tossin' back a couple of Fosters Oil Cans.

Just saw a youtube video of the NEW Iron Maiden 12 beer sample case. Now I want to go out and find that.
Post 129 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

Wife wanted a Tom Collins. So I made two.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Hawaii has been state since 1959. Welcome!

You so crazy. Hawaii is way out in the middle of the ocean.
Post 131 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
highball

🍻

Post 132 IP   flag post
Cafe Bustello. $2.90 for a 10oz vacuum packed brick at Big Lots. Italian Cream sweetener.
Post 133 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Bottled water.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Rusty. Nail.

In a plastic cup.

Booya!

Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Rusty. Nail.

Never had one. Is it just Scotch and Drambuie? What are the ratios?
Post 136 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Rusty. Nail.

Never had one. Is it just Scotch and Drambuie? What are the ratios?

Super simple and highly adjustable. Just scotch and drambuie. Need to find the ratio that suits your taste. I consider 2:1 scotch to Drambuie as my starting point. Drambuie is extremely sweet but dilutes the apparent kick slightly. In reality the two are equal proof alcohols so it is a deceptively potent drink. Goes down almost too easy for a drink so strong. Gives a traditional NY LI iced tea a run for the money in that regard.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I tried a ‘Godfather’ cocktail last night it’s just blended scotch and a little bit of Amaretto liqueur.

The recipe I used recommended 2 oz of blended scotch to 1/4 oz of Amaretto. Other recipes call for like 50/50, but that would be overkill.

I think it’s designed to just take the edge off of the Scotch. It wasn’t bad.

I would not suggest it for higher end whiskey, though.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I tried a ‘Godfather’ cocktail last night it’s just blended scotch and a little bit of Amaretto liqueur.

The recipe I used recommended 2 oz of blended scotch to 1/4 oz of Amaretto. Other recipes call for like 50/50, but that would be overkill.

I think it’s designed to just take the edge off of the Scotch. It wasn’t bad.

I would not suggest it for higher end whiskey, though.

Good with Cutty Sark and Di Sorono
Post 139 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
White russians!! a good way to work through backlog of vodka and kaluha!
Post 140 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
White russians!! a good way to work through backlog of vodka and kaluha!

In Soviet Russia White Rusians drink you!

Post 141 IP   flag post
On my third coffee.
Post 142 IP   flag post

Post 143 IP   flag post

Post 144 IP   flag post
Does Irish Cream go bad? I just poured some into my coffee and it didn't taste right at all. It's a big bottle of Kirkland knock off Irish Cream.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Quote:
Does Irish Cream go bad? I just poured some into my coffee and it didn't taste right at all. It's a big bottle of Kirkland knock off Irish Cream.

Yes, it can go bad and requires refrigeration.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

No kidding? Should it be refrigerated right after opening, or does it have a shelf life after opening? We always left the Irish Cream in the liquor cabinet. But this one has been open for a long time.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

No kidding? Should it be refrigerated right after opening, or does it have a shelf life after opening? We always left the Irish Cream in the liquor cabinet. But this one has been open for a long time.

I always refrigerate my Baileys right after opening. I believe the cream in Irish cream does contain dairy.
Post 148 IP   flag post
I don’t refrigerate it and have never had issues. I think the alcohol content keeps bacteria at bay.

Now, you didn’t say how long you’ve had the bottle… it is not the kind of bottle I’d store (after opening) for more than a few months..
Post 149 IP   flag post
Somethings wrong with you people....who has open Irish cream for more than a few weeks??

2 Coffee's in the morning - M to F.....with Irish Cream added......if it's a rough day then Irish Cream on the rocks at 1 or 2 - problem solved!!!

Now my wife and co-workers (when they bother to Microsoft Teams me) might suggest I have a problem....but then....it's only a few times a year we have Irish Cream in the house

By the way..this regime also will get rid of Kahlua with a White Russian for after dinner
Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Now, you didn’t say how long you’ve had the bottle

These Costco bottles are pretty big

Quote:
Somethings wrong with you people....who has open Irish cream for more than a few weeks?

I'm with you in spirit, but that's a lot of sugar!
Quote:
By the way..this regime also will get rid of Kahlua with a White Russian for after dinner

We used to travel to Mexico 4-5 times a year and always had a ton of Kahlua around because it was dirt cheap. Honestly though, I can't think of any situation where I would prefer Kahlua to Irish Cream. Mostly it's for coffee though.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Working on my second Long Island Iced Tea.

Post 152 IP   flag post

First day of advent calendar - whiskey advent calendar courtesy of my awesome wife.

The Nikka Tailored. Never had before tonight. Sublime.

Sipped a bit neat and then added some coke zero.

Jk

Pairs well with a new addition. Has been decades since I read the series originally. Added v.1 thanks to a great black friday deal:

Pink Floyd on the hi-fi. Good Wednesday.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Just mixed up a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea.

Post 154 IP   flag post
@00slim cheers!
Post 155 IP   flag post
601329 442 30