Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I also keep a decanter of sherry next to our piano and cello. On the bar cart.

One would never use a bar cart to hold a poured drink. How crass!
Post 101 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I suffer similarly as my subtle sensibilities seldom suffice.

The subtle humor - not the constipation. I think my verbal diarrhea keeps me balanced.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Too much to list or remember. Just did a zombie crawl with my son in reno. Will try to detail tomorrow.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
It started at Shims Warehouse Supply which is an actual speakeasy. I had two Elixir of the Damned. Very insidious concoction of Grenadines, Pineapple Vodka and other spirits. One would have no clue of the alcohol until about 30min later when it hits you.

After that, hit 4 more bars where we did tequila or whiskey shots and ended with a $5 Rolling Rock / Jack shot special.

Our driver (my wife) picked us up and amazingly i had no hangover.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout tastes like chocolate syrup.

Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got the itch to make an Old Fashioned. I’m working with my Dad this week & they don’t have any oranges, so, I made this one using the peel from one of my Mom’s homegrown lemons instead.

Added just a touch more simple syrup than I usually use and I’ll say, this is one of the best Old Fashions I’ve made.

Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

This is interesting.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m going super dirty tonight. My dad drinks these. He left this one at my house so we’ll see how it is.
Post 108 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
I’m going super dirty tonight. My dad drinks these. He left this one at my house so we’ll see how it is.
I've had one. A buddy insisted. I'm pretty dirty but the Beatbox fell thru for me!
Post 109 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Appleton Estate Jamaican Rum + Dr Pepper👍🏻
Post 110 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious how common these are in other parts of the country/globe? They were introduced to me a couple years ago for Old Fashioned's as the $25 per bottle Maraschino Cherry. I couldn't find them very easily for a while and now they are in Costco and even the Grocery store. The syrup is thick like a lacquer and the color is deep purple almost black. Just dropping one with a dribble of syrup into a whiskey shot is basically a cocktail in itself.

Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I'm curious how common these are in other parts of the country/globe? They were introduced to me a couple years ago for Old Fashioned's as the $25 per bottle Maraschino Cherry. I couldn't find them very easily for a while and now they are in Costco and even the Grocery store. The syrup is thick like a lacquer and the color is deep purple almost black. Just dropping one with a dribble of syrup into a whiskey shot is basically a cocktail in itself.

Common.

Post 112 IP   flag post
Household staple. I still don't know what a Manhattan consists of but it takes these. I don't know how to make one but my parents and all my grandparents did.
Post 113 IP   flag post
As for my drink this evening, wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Dave Matthew’s finest red.

Not a big DMB fan (no hate, just no love). The wine is solid as a sub-$20 table wine.

I do need to order up a bottle or 10 of Caduceus sometime.
Post 114 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Btw, strange timing since my wife suggested an old fashioned.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
@EbayMafia Btw, strange timing since my wife suggested an old fashioned.

That is funny. Those Luxardo Cherries certainly make them more appealing. I don't like Maraschino Cherries at all, but these are different.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad well I just discovered I’m trash. Didn’t mind it but it did the job haha.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

I don't know how common common means but we had two types of maraschino cherry's we had in the house growing up this one and the bright red ones like you'd see in fruit cup and us kids were not allowed to touch the Luxardo's - ever. They were the grownup cherries, off limits. LOL
Post 118 IP   flag post
I'm not drinking this but I found this awesome bottle. My buddy lived down there in Texas for a while and when he moved back here told me about this brand of tequila and the different gun bottles. This is the one I chose. It turns out it was pretty good liquor as well from what I 'member.

Post 119 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Anyone ever tried this? Not a very good flavor combination 😳
Post 120 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I'm not drinking this but I found this awesome bottle. My buddy lived down there in Texas for a while and when he moved back here told me about this brand of tequila and the different gun bottles. This is the one I chose. It turns out it was pretty good liquor as well from what I 'member.

That is super cool!!
Post 121 IP   flag post
@GAC, at the time I believe he said there was a “Glock” and “45 colt” as a 350 ml.?.?. I wish I would have had him mule those home.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Crystal lite.

Lemonade to be exact.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
120 minute IPA from Dogfish Head. It’s only available at the bar twice a year and they were down to their last keg. I am waiting for the distributors to make it available at the stores.

Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
100% Kona coffee from Hawaii this morning. Not anywhere close to as good as Kopi Luwat civet droppings coffee (by far the best in the world) but far better than any other arabica or anything else I have ever tried. Can’t really find the 100% in the states, always a blend.
Post 125 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
100% Kona coffee from Hawaii this morning. Not anywhere close to as good as Kopi Luwat civet droppings coffee (by far the best in the world) but far better than any other arabica or anything else I have ever tried. Can’t really find the 100% in the states, always a blend.

I miss Kona coffee... I haven't been back to Hawai'i in years, but I always brought some home when our TDY was over. I won't buy Kona coffee at the store here in Colorado...just not the same. We settle for whole been espresso roast in this house. Lol.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Hawaii has been state since 1959. Welcome!
I also love 100% Kona and buy it regularly.
Here in the continental 48
Thank you Fed Ex airplanes!
It ain't cheap, but it's worth it.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Drinkin some schwaggy Labatts and reading a Daredevil 1-10 trade. Hope your all are having a good night!
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Tossin' back a couple of Fosters Oil Cans.

Just saw a youtube video of the NEW Iron Maiden 12 beer sample case. Now I want to go out and find that.
Post 129 IP   flag post

Wife wanted a Tom Collins. So I made two.
Post 130 IP   flag post
598060 440 30