Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know enough to teach me a bit about Brandy or Cognac? Whenever I come across them at the liquor store I wonder who drinks them, how they are drank and why that choice?
Post 76 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I studied brandy and cognac at the library. Brandy Library.

The education I received was intoxicating.

Absent access to a great library, I recommend a high quality sampler.

Timely: https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/what-is-cognac-the-complete-guide/
Post 77 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Both suck
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Both suck

I figure there is a reason why they don't have much popularity. But someone mentioned drinking them heated and that caught my attention. I was wondering if they have a different effect than something like Whiskey.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Both suck

I figure there is a reason why they don't have much popularity. But someone mentioned drinking them heated and that caught my attention. I was wondering if they have a different effect than something like Whiskey.

Great line of reasoning there. Popularity to determine quality.

Works for music, right? Definitely works for food and drink too, hahaha.
Post 80 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Milk.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Both suck

Imagine your whiskey with a slight prune taste as they are distilled from grapes.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Both suck

Imagine your whiskey with a slight prune taste as they are distilled from grapes.

Yeah, because prunes come from grapes.

Insightful.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Does anyone know enough to teach me a bit about Brandy or Cognac? Whenever I come across them at the liquor store I wonder who drinks them, how they are drank and why that choice?

Brandy is simply wine, distilled to have a higher ABV (it can also be made with fruit, though).

Cognac is just Brandy from the Cognac region of France. Just like champagne is simply sparkling wine from the champagne region of France.

Years ago, my friend and I asked someone at BevMo about Cognac because we wanted to try it. They suggested the ‘Hine’ brand. We liked it, it wasn’t too sweet or anything. The flavor profile was closer to whiskey. But it’s not something I would want in the Summer time.
Post 84 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave there are some situations where popularity is a decent indicator of desirability in the absence of personal experience. If you list the top 5 rock bands of all time it will be a widely respected list (although most people argue about number 5). But it sounds like you enjoy cognac and I want to give it a try. How do you suggest drinking it? Does it have more similar to wine than whiskey...or maybe a combination of the two?
Post 85 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
When I hear Brandy, the Liberty Meadows character first came to mind.

Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Both suck

Yeah, because prunes come from grapes.

Insightful.
ok, tastes like raisins, prunes, however you want to anal lyze it bro.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Prunes come from Plums but they get more respect, particularly amongst the older generation, because they are pushier.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Both suck
2nd, but Hennessy & cranberry on ice goes hard

Recently I’ve been enjoying white rum with lime.
Post 89 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
My beer of choice when watching football...
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Davethebrave there are some situations where popularity is a decent indicator of desirability in the absence of personal experience. If you list the top 5 rock bands of all time it will be a widely respected list (although most people argue about number 5). But it sounds like you enjoy cognac and I want to give it a try. How do you suggest drinking it? Does it have more similar to wine than whiskey...or maybe a combination of the two?

I don’t find it has enough similarity to either to be meaningful. I was serious about trying through a sampler. As for the correct way for drinking it, I personally prefer next to a fireplace, preferably while sitting in a leather chair. Ideally with a smug look on your face while thumb typing on a comic book forum.
Post 91 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I don’t find it has enough similarity to either to be meaningful. I was serious about trying through a sampler. As for the correct way for drinking it, I personally prefer next to a fireplace, preferably while sitting in a leather chair. Ideally with a smug look on your face while thumb typing on a comic book forum.

while resting your cognac on a wooden bar cart complete with globe.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Prunes come from Plums but they get more respect, particularly amongst the older generation, because they are pushier.

No, because prunes help them shit. On second thought, I suppose there is some push involved.
Post 93 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving
Post 94 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user

These are actual beers from my local brewery
Post 95 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
My beer of choice when watching football...

Hoe Garden sounds like more a gentleman's club
Post 96 IP   flag post
Coke.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

No, because prunes help them shit. On second thought, I suppose there is some push involved.

My humor may have been to subtle. Used to always wonder why my dad kept a bag of prunes in the house. Now I'm starting to wonder why I don't keep a bag of prunes in the house.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Speaking in a fake Locust Valley lockjaw accent to your wife Buffy that you learned from watching Thurston Howell III speak on Gillian's Island?
Post 99 IP   flag post
@GAC @Towmater frighteningly accurate.
Post 100 IP   flag post
I also keep a decanter of sherry next to our piano and cello. On the bar cart.

One would never use a bar cart to hold a poured drink. How crass!
Post 101 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I suffer similarly as my subtle sensibilities seldom suffice.

The subtle humor - not the constipation. I think my verbal diarrhea keeps me balanced.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Too much to list or remember. Just did a zombie crawl with my son in reno. Will try to detail tomorrow.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
It started at Shims Warehouse Supply which is an actual speakeasy. I had two Elixir of the Damned. Very insidious concoction of Grenadines, Pineapple Vodka and other spirits. One would have no clue of the alcohol until about 30min later when it hits you.

After that, hit 4 more bars where we did tequila or whiskey shots and ended with a $5 Rolling Rock / Jack shot special.

Our driver (my wife) picked us up and amazingly i had no hangover.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout tastes like chocolate syrup.

Post 105 IP   flag post
601359 442 30