Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Its a long weekend here in Ontario Canada and I've taken a few extra days vacation from work. I'm in my backyard listening to some music and indulging in a few vanilla whiskey highballs and surfing comic related sites.

What about you? Whats your unwinding method and beverage of choice?





Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
An Old Fashioned made with Four Roses Bourbon… 🥃👍🏼
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@tonnage71 Very cool! I too enjoy Old Fashions!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not much of a drinker, so Pepsi at the moment 😂

We just got back from the hospital this morning from the birth of me and my wife's second son Friday. Nice to have an actual bed to sleep in.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 Wow!!! A huge congratulations to you and your wife!!! I hope the both of you are able to get a few consecutive hours of sleep! Cheers!!!🍻
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing tonight, but last night it was Texas Hold’em poker with Bacardi Spiced Rum and diet coke. It used to be called Bacardi Oakheart…just the name changed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
He hasn't been too bad, our other son is 7 and he was an absolute angel as a baby, rarely cried and was well behaved. Hoping we get lucky again lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user



Because it's Monday!
Post 8 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 congrats! Our second was born last November.

I wasn’t planning to drink but today was first day of some “time off” and ended up working 4 hrs, cutting the lawn, discovering some small leak with dishwasher (very small, slow leak) caused some hardwood to buckle, unclogged a plugged AC drain pipe that caused some water in part of basement (unfinished area, thankfully) and then cleaned out my wet / dry vac outside to suck up the water.

So I am now having a Jack and Coke, NYC style (all Jack, splash of coke)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Water - training for a marathon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector jake private msg quote post Address this user
Tried a couple new beverages when I went out over the weekend, a Godfather and an Italian Margarita. At home, finished Balvenie 14 Yr Caribbean Cask. Yummy! Just opened the Woodford Reserve. Hints of citrus and vanilla.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Water - training for a marathon.


Was training for a triathlon, but I found out that I cracked a tooth and the gum is infected, so the dentist highly advised me to curb my expectations and forget about the tri until the antibiotics do their thing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
He hasn't been too bad, our other son is 7 and he was an absolute angel as a baby, rarely cried and was well behaved. Hoping we get lucky again lol

You realize you just jinxed yourself by saying that, right, @Sebastsk8?? 😄

Congratulations on the new addition!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@tonnage71 @GAC I'm an Old Fashioned drinker myself. Good stuff! 🙂👍🥃
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I'm old fashioned, but my drinking habits lean to ales and stouts. Here I'm raising a Chief Justice Stout from several night's ago. Tonight I'm imbibing a Black Butte Porter...

There are enough images of me roaming around on-line, ...this is about the beer!
.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Bogle Rosé celebrating a friend's birthday
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
An Old Fashioned made with Four Roses Bourbon… 🥃👍🏼


Just finished my Old Fashioned, came in a cocktail set from Costco bottled by "On The Rocks". I refilled the empty glass bottle with one part Old-Fashion pre-mix and 5 parts Bullit Rye. So it's back in the refrigerator ready for future drinking.
Post 17 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
What about you? Whats your unwinding method and beverage of choice

Every Friday, I hit Popeye's on the way home from work and get 4 spicy chicken sandwiches with extra Cajun spread. 2 for dinner and 2 for 3 AM. I play Warzone with The Boys and usually drink a half bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Water, decaf coffee, and V8 Energy drinks.
Post 19 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
What about you? Whats your unwinding method and beverage of choice

Every Friday, I hit Popeye's on the way home from work and get 4 spicy chicken sandwiches with extra Cajun spread. 2 for dinner and 2 for 3 AM. I play Warzone with The Boys and usually drink a half bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask.


Love Laphroaig - don’t see too many around drinking it. Great sipped, on rocks, or as we made for my son’s first birthday a couple years ago(for adults to drink) mixed with lapsang suchong tea.
Post 20 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Love Laphroaig - don’t see too many around drinking it. Great sipped, on rocks, or as we made for my son’s first birthday a couple years ago(for adults to drink) mixed with lapsang suchong tea.

Oof. As a purist, IMO it's a sin to drink single malts in any way other than neat or with a splash of spring water.

My friend once mixed Macallan 12 with Coca-Cola. I never offered him scotch ever again.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
McCallan is in the decanter right now. But, I experiment with different single malts trying to find ones I like (I've found 5 or 6 I absolutely love as of now, and I know I do NOT like the smoky/peaty ones). Not sure what's next, will depend on what I find when I go to buy a new bottle, I usually go back and forth from ones I know I like to new ones, so a new one should be next.

I also enjoy a good old-fashioned, with Bulleit Bourbon.

But, technically, right now I'm drinking coffee
Post 22 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
McCallan is in the decanter right now. But, I experiment with different single malts trying to find ones I like (I've found 5 or 6 I absolutely love as of now, and I know I do NOT like the smoky/peaty ones). Not sure what's next, will depend on what I find when I go to buy a new bottle, I usually go back and forth from ones I know I like to new ones, so a new one should be next.

As far as non-Islay/Island brands go, have you tried Glenmorangie and their assorted finished cask range? Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, and Nectar d'Or are all finished 2 years in different wine casks. Sherry, port, and sauternes respectively IIRC.

Glenmorangie also has a $200 bottle titled Signet, which is one of my absolute favorites, but I have not had it in a long time. The Macallan 18 was cheaper the last time that I bought it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Love Laphroaig - don’t see too many around drinking it. Great sipped, on rocks, or as we made for my son’s first birthday a couple years ago(for adults to drink) mixed with lapsang suchong tea.

Oof. As a purist, IMO it's a sin to drink single malts in any way other than neat or with a splash of spring water.

My friend once mixed Macallan 12 with Coca-Cola. I never offered him scotch ever again.


Hah - yeah, well it tastes very good and I was never one to follow a crowd or arbitrary rules. Try it sometime!
Post 24 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
This is “on rocks” for me. No, not from this morning.


Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Water - training for a marathon.


Was training for a triathlon, but I found out that I cracked a tooth and the gum is infected, so the dentist highly advised me to curb my expectations and forget about the tri until the antibiotics do their thing.


Bourbon for toothache. Works every time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Coffee…no adult beverage added. 🤣


Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

As far as non-Islay/Island brands go, have you tried Glenmorangie and their assorted finished cask range? Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, and Nectar d'Or are all finished 2 years in different wine casks. Sherry, port, and sauternes respectively IIRC.

Glenmorangie also has a $200 bottle titled Signet, which is one of my absolute favorites, but I have not had it in a long time. The Macallan 18 was cheaper the last time that I bought it.


I have had Glenmorangie itself, like the 15 I think. Never tried the different cask styles though. I'll look and see what they have here. Not sure on pricing now, the Macallan 18 is $250'ish or so, I'll see if they have that Signet anywhere here, worth a shot.

One of my favorites right now is The Balvenie 14 in the Caribbean Cask (Rum cask) it tastes like honey, so, so good.

The closest I can get to a peaty scotch is The Dalwhinnie. I like it a lot, but it's right on my tolerance for "smokiness".

I use a whiskey bullet and then splash some water in usually. Once in a while I'll do "on the rocks" cause I like to sit outside and, here in Florida, it gets so hot that the bullet doesn't work so well to keep it chilled, but melting ice does.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
Tried a couple new beverages when I went out over the weekend, a Godfather and an Italian Margarita. At home, finished Balvenie 14 Yr Caribbean Cask. Yummy! Just opened the Woodford Reserve. Hints of citrus and vanilla.


Well, I have to ask ... can you share the recipes? The names are great and most of my crowd are NY & NJ goombas so I need to know.
Post 29 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Try Talisker. Going off memory but I think 25 Y.

Delicious.

Love to mix it with Coke Zero.
Post 30 IP   flag post
425086 102 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.