Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signing Opportunities

Interesting question..15352

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Friend brought up an interesting question, we're both in the market for stray dogs copies to get signed at an upcoming con, and a lot of the copies have "promo quotes" I'd call them from other artists...for example, 1A has a quote from Bendis on the back cover. Bendis will also be at that convention...would that be something people would find interesting to have him sign the back cover under his quote?

I think there are also a couple of other artists who had quotes on the issues that will be there.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
It would be fairly unique. I’d say it wouldn’t hurt, since you’re getting the creative team to sign it too.

If it were just people who praised the book in promo quotes, I’d say “no”.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
If it were just people who praised the book in promo quotes, I’d say “no”.

Yeah, I would think it's kind of awkward to have someone sign a book if all they did was provide a quote or review for it. It's not their work. I'm not sure they would even do it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The title of this thread is presumptuous.

Just kidding! 👍😀🍻
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I might have to message him to see how he feels about it. To me it would just be kind of interesting. Most signatures I get I don't have any kind of monetary mindset behind, I get them mostly as a way to preserve memories from artists and authors I've met, cool books I liked, etc.

That being said I also don't want to do something to severely decrease the value of a book either as sometime down the road either I'll end up selling off my collection or leaving it to my kids.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601367 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?