Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Cgc to cbcs slab swap15348

Collector R0gu31 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I just bought a superior Spider-Man 1 cgc book and it has a horrendous Newton ring right over spideys face. I want to send the book in to cbcs with a few raw books but I’m unsure of what options I should select for the slab swap? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ptool private msg quote post Address this user
Search for newton ring fix on youtube. I watched a video on there that showed me how to slide something thin between the plastic on the side and it peels the 2 pcs of plastic apart getting rid of the rings. It worked perfect for my venom #3 cgc slab that was covered in rings.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You can't fix the Newton rings on the new slabs as they are sealed all the way around.
Post 3 IP   flag post
So…I think this slab was defective off the production line. It has really obvious mold marks along the seams and if I lay it flat it looks very slightly concave, but probably enough where it’s causing the outer slab and inner well plastic to touch and cause the rings…don’t think this one is buffing out…to my original Q, what option should I pick for a slab swap on the online order form…re-holder or slab-only?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@R0gu31 - Occasionally, CBCS offers discounts for regrading a comic from a competitor into CBCS. The last was late last year, the CRYSTALCLEAR promo. You may want to wait for another one.

Regardless of whether or not you wait for a promo, basically you submit to CBCS just like any other Grading submission. Careful though as cgc grading is very subject to being...let say lax, you could get graded lower by CBCS. You could also consider having CBCS do a press if you can see that there are visible issues that a press may correct. Also, when you send in, you can have CBCS even do a pre-screen on the comic BEFORE the crack open. And yes, it is best to send it within its current cgc encasement. No way to guarantee that your existing grade will hold (you never know what cgc missed, color touch, tear inside pages, etc.), but if you give it a good look and have CBCS pre-Screen you could improve your likelyhood. And, no more newton rings.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@R0gu31 You don’t select any special options when submitting a CGC book to CBCS. Just select all the options you normally would if it were not already slabbed.

It’s best to just mail in the book in the CGC case as you don’t have to risk damaging the book in opening it and it’ll give it a little more protection in shipping
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks scifinator that’s helpful!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@R0gu31 - Cheers and welcome to the forum.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
This brings back memories - getting a return request from an ebay buyer who was livid that I sent him oil-ridden slab. After a no questions asked immediate return, he blocked me... lol.

P.S: Newton Rings on the sale were not that bad at all. Low to moderate
Post 9 IP   flag post
600890 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?