Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for the following in case anyone wants to deal. My reference for fair pricing is “adjusted” auction (HA, ebay, CL etc). The adjustment is simple - splitting the difference of what the buyer and seller are paying to the sites (eg for HA would be transacted price divided by 1.1). This gives a sense of where I would be. If raw books then a discount, of course.

Here are the books and grade ranges I am looking for - (are all under 8.0 with minimums below):
* Detective Comics 225 (4.0+)
* Superman 30 (5.0+)
* Adv Comics 283 (5.0+)
* Superboy 68 (5.0+ but strongly prefer 6.0+)
* AC 252 (5.0+)
* SC 22 (4.0+)
* JLA 1 (5.0+)

Unlikely to close a deal fast but keeping eyes open:
* BB 28 (any grade <6)
* AC 23 (any grade <7)
* SC 4 (any grade <6)

For all of the above I am not saying I would necessarily do a deal but I have been actively looking … so if you are considering selling, perhaps we can strike a deal!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck to you. Sorry i cant help out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Scifinator thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Adv 283 is off the list
Rest remain!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
nice list
Post 5 IP   flag post
@beastboy1980 thanks.

Making lists is the easy part though. I am kicking myself for not buying another SC4 a few weeks ago on HA. Just couldnt stomach the thought the seller and I could have struck a better deal without that 20%… I just don’t get the massive fees for facilitating sales on graded books…
Post 6 IP   flag post
Adding B&B54
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user
PMed you!
Post 8 IP   flag post
JLA 1 is now off the list.

My “priority” list is now Supes 30 and Tec225… both of which I thought I was close only to be foiled by unrealistic seller expectations haha
Post 9 IP   flag post
Oh and just for fun…For any audiophiles out there looking for a nice amp we might be able to do a great trade if you have a 8.0+ tec225 or 3.5+ AC23 or 2.0+ SC4

Dont worry, not out of my trunk…

dm for details
Post 10 IP   flag post
Bump before I buy SB 68 elsewhere since getting close… one at 6.0+ and another in the 4s…

If someone is looking to sell and not pay ebay fees ;-)
Post 11 IP   flag post
SB68 off list

Priority now just supes 30 and tec 225
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have a B&B 54 in 6.5 at MCS??

B&B 60 is another key - 1st Wonder Girl
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Just couldnt stomach the thought the seller and I could have struck a better deal without that 20%

@Davethebrave Have you checked out Myslabs.com? The inventory is minimal and anything priced competitively sells pretty fast. But the seller fee is only 1% and the there is no sales tax obligation if you and the seller are in different states.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Just couldnt stomach the thought the seller and I could have struck a better deal without that 20%

@Davethebrave Have you checked out Myslabs.com? The inventory is minimal and anything priced competitively sells pretty fast. But the seller fee is only 1% and the there is no sales tax obligation if you and the seller are in different states.

Definitely - if I recall last I checked they didnt have much inventory and what was there… lots of “spam” listings like reprints for big $$$ etc
Post 15 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I have been working on a B&B at a higher grade. If that falls through will widen my search.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Okay so Superman 30 is off the list. Leaves just Tec 225 as a “priority” find for the near term.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
What grade did you get the Superman 30 in if you don’t mind divulging?

Also, what grades are you interested in the 225?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan will update on Superman 30 in next few days.

Tec 225 I am looking at 4.5-5.5 graded and wont consider ungraded because of price points. Plenty of options online but at price points that are seeing the books sit. It is a key I want but not willing to pay over my interpretation of market. I think my market view is accurate given how I am tracking sales or lack thereof…

I ended up diverting more time to another bunch of books instead.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Let me correct on tec225 - I would consider ungraded from a highly reputable seller but not from broad searching…
Post 20 IP   flag post
Adding another DC key: Hot Wheels #1 in CBCS/CGC 9.4+

Also interested in raw copies of any of the series.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
What grade did you get the Superman 30 in if you don’t mind divulging?

Also, what grades are you interested in the 225?

Well it is a raw copy as I couldn’t get the ones listed to deal at my version of “market”…

It has a bad spine roll but I had some time to inspect it on delivery and think it can be corrected as paper seems really nice overall and staples appear secure. Probably could grade in 2.5-5.0 range after correction but who knows? I am okay with any grade as it is more for completion than anything. Happy with how it presents even with its heavy flaws…

Tec225 may just wait at this point. Will be watching it closely and still at the 5.0 or so target level…
Post 22 IP   flag post
Bumping to reiterate tec225

@Haljordanfan Here is the supes 30 after I had a spine roll taken care of:

Post 23 IP   flag post
Now a bump to reiterate looking for more Hot Wheels books in high grades. Always looking to add more.

Also tec225
Post 24 IP   flag post
598080 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?