Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Has anyone been seeing the latest Batman art on some of the covers??15328

Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a DC fan except for Swamp Thing and a few other off beat titles, never really collected Batman, but man some of the covers here lately, I just had to order just because of the art on the covers. Have they hired someone new cause they have really caught my attention. Anyone????
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I think DC Comics has improved overall since Jim Lee took over as Chief Creative Officer in 2018. Whether that is the reason for the improvements or just a coincidence, I really don't know. Overall, there are some GREAT DC covers being made.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@timberghost are they Francesco Mattina covers?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
If you’re talking about Lee Bermejo or Jorge Jimenez covers, you’re speaking my language.
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
is it just me or is that scare crow just out of the park
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost

No, it's not just you. The detail in it is staggering!!! I can see that as a huge poster!!! Do you know which issue that is?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

No, it's not just you. The detail in it is staggering!!! I can see that as a huge poster!!! Do you know which issue that is?

Never mind, found it. And it is a Francesco Mattina cover!!! The guy is incredible!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Never mind, found it. And it is a Francesco Mattina cover!!! The guy is incredible!!!

Awesome doesn't do it justice, BATMAN FEAR STATE ALPHA #1
Post 9 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Thanks for sharing. Awesome cover and not out until the end of this month. This will be the first new Batman comic I've bought in like 30 years. 😆
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I like the Batman character and I religiously watched Batman Adventures as a kid, but I can’t get into the comics. I’ve read Some of Legends of the Dark Knight and the Knight Fall story line is good. I’ve picked up some newer issues hear and there and it just doesn’t do anything for me. maybe these newer series/arcs can change that. I guess I’m not a Tynion fan.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Nope, but they look pretty cool in this thread.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my recent favs, Joker Killer Smile #1-3 (variant covers)...

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Loved that Killer Smile series!

As for that Mattina cover, it's amazing. I go back and forth when it comes to Mattina, but I'm definitely picking up that Fear State Alpha cover. Also, if you're a Jock fan, I feel like a couple of his recent covers has been some of the best he's done.

Post 14 IP   flag post
598230 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?