Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeFor Sale

SEVEN Slabs For Sale!15327

Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Some keys, seven slabs...

All prices include shipping (priority. DM me if you see something ya like... Wanted to offer them here first. Cheers

Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 9.0 11,500

Iron Fist #14 CGC 6.0 $435

Iron Fist #1 CGC 6.5 $120

X-Men #101 CGC 8.5 $1,496

X-Men #94 CGC 4.5 $750

Daredevil #1 CGC 4.0 $4,100

Brave & Bold #54 CGC 5.5 $397

Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Well alright then.... nice books, good luck with sales.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector furlo316 private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing like coming in swingin'... I like it! Best of luck with the sales!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@robo I'll take the dd1
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Im not a 181 fan at all, but my god that is a good looking copy. Good luck with these, not that you need it!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Dm sent
Post 6 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Daredevil #1 is sold to the Batman66.

Did anyone else miss that Daredevil got his 'no fear' from that chemical bath as a kid? How did I miss that? I just thought the writers dropped the ball with the 'no fear' thing and kept it in as it sounded cool. lol. And thinking the concept for sure warrants a dedicated story or two - like is someone with no fear even brave? Thinking getting scared and the internal overcoming of one's fear the real struggle in life. Anybody know which ones I should read on the matter? Got in for Frank Miller run and back tracked to the 1# I just sold as kid. Stopped a few after the 'death' of Electra. Only thing else I've read was End of Days. Thanks Batman66 enjoy the book.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on the DD #1 sale!!! 🤙
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector jesseaweiss private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo
Daredevil #1 is sold to the Batman66.

Did anyone else miss that Daredevil got his 'no fear' from that chemical bath as a kid? How did I miss that? I just thought the writers dropped the ball with the 'no fear' thing and kept it in as it sounded cool. lol. And thinking the concept for sure warrants a dedicated story or two - like is someone with no fear even brave? Thinking getting scared and the internal overcoming of one's fear the real struggle in life. Anybody know which ones I should read on the matter? Got in for Frank Miller run and back tracked to the 1# I just sold as kid. Stopped a few after the 'death' of Electra. Only thing else I've read was End of Days. Thanks Batman66 enjoy the book.

I still read Daredevil (I have Marvel Unlimited). It's really well written. Honestly you could just continue from the Death of Elektra through 300. After that there are different runs of it, but they are generally excellent IMO. Very grounded in his life and his struggles, which is why the Netflix show was good.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
and here all this time I thought he got the thing about having no fear from the fact his father , the boxer, was named Battling Jack Murdock. .....
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 You bastard….. 😂
Post 11 IP   flag post
I get it - I'm a fan. Though never thought Charlie looked physically enough like Matt. But I worked though it - especially since he's staying - seems a nice guy too, and should give Batman66 a nice bump on this new #1. Do recall a book when he lost his 'no fear' and was a total mess. yeah I just got distracted with following the comic run - had nothing against it.

hey Darkseid, are you saying one is supposed to naturally assume them saying he has no fear is an obviously sync from his super power (radar) getting event? I can get that. Though seems a little relaxed as for writing and what a cool phycological dilemma to explore - What would that impulse one to do? - damn near anything - little fears, big ones - all gone. From childhood on with no parents, no fear - and he's catholic! Seems Catholicism kinda pushes the fear of Hell. I'm sure miller on later runs hit on this - but dunno.
Post 12 IP   flag post
lol, live and learn. & thinking we had already had on the forum - the pros and cons on 'free' shipping. I said something 'deep' like 'nothing's free' - cause it's factored in by the seller. That is unless it's me - selling you something. But wasn't free for me lol. Somebody's is paying. Okay - guess 'nothing's free. buying insurance was $75. Damn. Still grateful.
Post 13 IP   flag post
So Hulk is gonna have some shipping/insurance add ons. And 101 gonna have a little S&I too. DM me - it'll be low 'like free' but not.

And Paypal?! Everybody wants a cut - I get it. But anybody got suggestions on something a little less? Or is this the price of doing business?
Post 14 IP   flag post
How about I pay priority and you pay insurance?

Ballpark - to give you an idea - 4k that's 59.00 (& ya gotta sign)where say a at 350 book would be 6.00. both ~15.50 on my end. I know it ain't as sexy as 'free' but think that's a unicorn anyway so...

Oh and Brave and Bold is sold.

So books on here are paid via PayPal. And I don't want returns - they are rated slabs with pics. Not into the whole mailing thing. I mean we can always talk but reason one I'm selling one here is y'all aren't ebay-yahoos (no offense "-mafia" haha. Everything is shipped priority with insurance. Think I learned all this mostly from the forum here. Granted y'all don't buy these it's one other site, auction site, or ebay. Don't really wanna go into that shit show - but that will be my true coming of age. Cheers
Post 15 IP   flag post
@robo hey rob, if you send the dd1 with signature required, my insurance will cover so you don't have to pay for that. Hopefully you didn't put it in the mail yet. Let me know
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@robo hey rob, if you send the dd1 with signature required, my insurance will cover so you don't have to pay for that. Hopefully you didn't put it in the mail yet. Let me know
I guess we can do this here - maybe DM? or email me? Yeah, it's out already - that was the receipt with tracking # - didn't want ya waiting - but that $ is on me. I wasn't expecting it to be that high, but when I'd gotten a quote from 'em - it was for a lower cost book. But if you'd educate me on the insurance on your end thing - guess that makes sense. If you wanna DM or do it in forum - guess it doesn't matter to me. How's the insurance on your end work? & think your book has already gotten a little bump since you bought it, cool. Cheers.
Post 17 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh missed the B&B - funny because I didnt have it on my “wtb” but have been actively trying to get a fair priced copy. Congrats to seller and buyer!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Ugh missed the B&B - funny because I didnt have it on my “wtb” but have been actively trying to get a fair priced copy. Congrats to seller and buyer!
Thanks yeah Dave - 54 is gone. But I got a B&B 60 @ 4.5 I haven't posted... if ya interested.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
BB 54 arrived today safe and sound! Thanks!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
That's great CatCovers! Enjoy your new slab. Cheers.
Post 21 IP   flag post
600778 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?