Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Regarding sending in books at a con (TorpedoCon)15320

Collector AKilgour private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I recently attended a con that CBCS was present at, got some books witnessed and signed and also took the opportunity to get some blue labels dropped off so I didn’t have to ship them out.

I had made an account (free membership) using my primary email a couple days prior, but when I put in the orders at the con, I gave them the same email.

I’m just wondering if my orders progress will show up in my account due to the same email being used or if they’ll just be emailed to me as if I didn’t already have an existing account? I guess, is the CBCS system smart enough to recognize that there’s an existing account with the email and updates will be processed through my account or not?

I emailed customer service about this general question, but from reading the forum, I can see they are really backed up and have a difficult time responding back.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you all.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Yes the books should appear on your existing account.

In the future, I would recommend creating the order/invoice online, printing the invoice as if you were shipping the books and including that with the books you drop off at the convention.

This avoids any input errors that might arise from the handwritten invoice they would otherwise have to fill out at the show and transcription errors from copying that order into the system
Post 2 IP   flag post
That was originally the plan but everything happened quite fast and I didn’t know if I was going to be dropping my books off with them that weren’t going to be signed until like 30 minutes prior to the show, or else I would had definitely done the invoice prior!

Thanks for the reply. Hoping they pop up in my orders as received soon. Would that just depend on when they bring them back from the con and mark them as received at their facilities?
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@AKilgour The best thing to do would be to create an invoice that includes every book you might possibly submit along with every signature. Then when you drop books off at the booth you go through the invoice and strike out in pen everything ended up not being included.

When the books are received into the system back at the office the invoice should be updated to match the line item edits
Post 4 IP   flag post
Awesome, appreciate the reply and help!
Thank you!
Post 5 IP   flag post
601452 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?