Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Card grading by Toy Grader15318

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email from toy grading company CAS. Looks like the only grade packs and boxes.

Here is there pricing and a couple of sample pics:

Pricing:

Our pricing is simple, easy, and straightforward. And it doesn't depend on the value of your unopened product - the cost is the same whether your pack is worth $10 or $10,000! Pricing is as set forth below:
Individual wax, cello, foil and similar packs - $24.99
Individual rack packs - $49.99
Full boxes of trading card packs previously authenticated and cellophane wrapped by a third party authentication company such as Baseball Card Exchange, Ripping Vintage Packs, etc. ("Third Party Wrapped Boxes" - $59.99
Full box of trading card packs ("Full Boxes" - $99.99

Not promoting, just found it interesting. Whatta ya'll think?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
i wasn't aware people graded the packs and boxes too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I have one major concern with any collectible related company that goes by a flat rate. That concern is, are you insured? IF I had any high value items, I'd want to know that the company I'm dealing with has insurance to cover them. This is one of the reasons that CGC and CBCS charge more for higher valued items. Insurance companies obviously charge more to insure a $10,000 comic than they would a $10 comic. And for the mega keys, it would not surprise me if the insurance companies needed to be notified and some sort of temporary rider is written for that particular comic. Personally, I really don't have that problem to worry about. But I do have many sentimental comics that I'd want compensation for if they were damaged. This goes for pressing, grading, consignments, etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - I had used them a couple of years ago to grade some Star Wars Action Figures and yes, insurance was factored into the shipping back. Toy grading and encasement model is somewhat different than the comic market.

That said Toy Grading 800lb gorilla is AFA. CAS is similar to the CBCS offshoot if you will. Former AFA people figured there were some enhancements to be made. To a degree I have seen similar argument on both sides of the AFA/CAS side as the cgc/CBCS thing. That said I am pretty confident in and comfortable with both AFA & CAS whereas I am only confident in CBCS grades or Borock era cgc. At this point I only buy post Borock cgc if I can get it at least fmv for two grades lower.
Post 4 IP   flag post
O Cr@p! Did I just derail by thread?
Post 5 IP   flag post
598077 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?