Silver Age Collection for sale15307

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygirl
No other Superboy
I don't know if keeping a run of JLA and
Green Lantern is better than breaking them up
Any thoughts on that?

I can only speak for myself as a thematic collector but I never focus on runs… I am sure some people do but it gets pretty specific for some of the higher dollar books… in other words, if I am doing a JLA run I might then want every book of a certain minimum grade or something and it gets $$$.

I am interested in the JLA 1 but more to complement my B&B 28 and my JLA 9 to get the core Justice League books… sort of like how I collect all the mid / higher grades of Superman villains, Batman villains etc.

There are so many ways to slice it but I would think absent something exceptional (like very very high grade collections) there would be as much an expectation of a “bulk discount” as any sort of “complete run premium”… I just think it is narrowing the buyer pool too much.

But I am biased as I would like to buy those books, depending on grade and price (again, I only consider mid to high grade).
Post 51 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladygirl - So if you haven't done so already, here is another resource for you. GoCollect.com Register yourself on their site and you can plug in each of the graded comics to get the fair market value. Caution though, as the comics market has been very overheated the past year or so, and especially the past several months with crazy speculation, some value may lag recent months sale. But, I think for the comics you have, they may be pretty up to date. This can give you a real good idea of value if dealing direct with some forum members

Now, if you do want to just auction them, you may also want to consider MyComicShop.com. Este is really great to work with. They charge 0-3% to winning bidders and charge the seller only up to 8%. I the comic sells for 4 figures and higher, their fee is much less and may even be capped. They have weekly auctions, but your comics may qualify for their quarterly "Prime Auctions" and the next one is in October.

Again, I would suggest offering up to forum members first for possible best return.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Only problem in waiting to sell is the dreaded 1099 next year. Personally I want to ditch at least one heavy hitter book so I can avoid the IRS for 1 last cycle.

Yup. All my ebay listings come down 12/31/2021
Post 53 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladygirl - Sorry for your loss. If you need any prices for recents sales, I have a membership to Go Collect so I can look those up for you. If you decide to sell some books here, I would be interested in a few of the Adventure Comics you listed. I used to be like your husband, collect just about anything, but now I primarily collect Adventure Comics, Amazing Spider-Man, and X-Men. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Ladygirl private msg quote post Address this user
Go Collect has been helpful
I'll get back to you on Adventure Comics
Post 55 IP   flag post

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I am interested in the FF #1 and any other Marvels. Probably have to give you a new Honda Civic to get them.
Post 56 IP   flag post
NO but I make take a new Escalade....
Post 57 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygirl
NO but I make take a new Escalade....

Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I am most interested in the TTA 27 should this be available soon. I do hope that the sage advise given here is to your assistance.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I'll let you know.
I like the idea of selling directly to collectors on this forum.
Before I sell anything I'll go back through the thread and let any of you know.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I would be interested in that Showcase 37 you mentioned , just in case.
Post 61 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be interested in the Green Lantern 6, 7, 11 and 16.

Regardless of whether you sell here on the forum, I'm wishing you the best.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be interested in the Justice league 5
Post 63 IP   flag post
@Ladygirl I should have asked but what is the grade of the JLA 1? GL 1?

Thanks very much!
Post 64 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladygirl Anything from New Gods, Mister Miracle or Forever People I'd be interested in.
Post 65 IP   flag post
No, all Silver age mostly Superhero
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Gibby357 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for your loss and also sorry about the kid thing. I have experience in both situations, not good.

Interested in FF #1 and Hulk #1. Can't hurt to see where you come in on your price. Thanks!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector persianninja private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
One thing I would suggest is getting ahold of elite_11 on Instagram.

Hey @Batman66, I don't use Instagram often but there doesn't seem to be a user called elite_11 for her to look into?
https://www.instagram.com/elite_11
Did you mistype, or am I missin' something?
Post 68 IP   flag post
I have acquired pretty much all the graded titles of interest on the (awesome) list posted a while back… but very curious about the raw copies.

Would love to hear some of the titles available!
Post 69 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by persianninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
One thing I would suggest is getting ahold of elite_11 on Instagram.

Hey @Batman66, I don't use Instagram often but there doesn't seem to be a user called elite_11 for her to look into?
https://www.instagram.com/elite_11
Did you mistype, or am I missin' something?

my bad
Post 70 IP   flag post
I'm not on instagram
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector persianninja private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Batman66, found it:
https://www.instagram.com/elite_comics11/

Looks like she doesn't want to use Instagram though, but posted if others who find this thread want to use them.

Probably get more bang for the buck in an auction. I saw someone posted how much % Heritage vs ComicLink gets earlier ... How about Ebay/Paypal? Are they really that bad?
Post 72 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladygirl I don't think you don't have to be, they have their followers
@persianninja heritage is 19% selling fee, use comic link. eBay would be my last resort. Higher chance of scammers. I know people who sold a book, the buyer returns and gives another book in its place and the seller is s.o.l.
Keep in mind the market as a whole is softening. No pressure but the sooner you unload, the more chance of more profit. Some books will continue to rise, others are plateauing or dropping
Post 73 IP   flag post
Thanks for the tips
Post 74 IP   flag post
600440 74 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?