Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
Just spoke with someone from customer service.

Pressing - 19 weeks out
Grading - 18 weeks out

Damn...I guess I'm getting my books around December. This really makes me think about this whole grading and slabbing situation. As much as I like CBCS, it may just come to how long it takes to get my books back. Also, before I get roasted on here, JUST MY OPINION. LOL!!

Ginosdad
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You either wait with your books at home or you wait with your books at CBCS. Either way, you are waiting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Matches up fairly closely to CBCS’ current TAT estimates
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Ginosdad have them pressed before sending them in. My shipment was delivered to cbcs 7/7. They are in the mail coming home as of yesterday. I think that pretty damn good
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
So i thought pressing was 12 weeks.Maybe the estament should start saying (press done when its done.You here..)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66.....definitely do that next time!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
FWIW - I have magazines at CGC since December.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme - the current estimate, which is on the top of the main page, has been 19 weeks for the past few weeks.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You either wait with your books at home or you wait with your books at CBCS. Either way, you are waiting.

This same statement from you convinced me to send in 80 books a few weeks ago. If you're not planning on selling them raw, might as well send them in. I'd wait until the 1st though to see if there's a promotion.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like every week TATs increase by a week…🧐
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

This same statement from you convinced me to send in 80 books a few weeks ago. If you're not planning on selling them raw, might as well send them in. I'd wait until the 1st though to see if there's a promotion.

The ability to make an informed decision and you know how to bake a chocolate cake. You have at least those two things going for you. 👍
Post 11 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy49

My condolences
Post 12 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Ginosdad have them pressed before sending them in. My shipment was delivered to cbcs 7/7. They are in the mail coming home as of yesterday. I think that pretty damn good

FYI I submitted to cgc as well which was delivered the same day 7/7. They are still in the mail room waiting to be received
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

lol, I read it the other way and just kept my books at home.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Just treat your submissions like a scud missile and fire & forget. No matter what, you're waiting.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:

lol, I read it the other way and just kept my books at home.

No, you read it the same way but chose the other option.
Post 16 IP   flag post
And you are still waiting...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Since October for me !!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
CGC and CBCS both have long TAT's for the least expensive tiers. CGC being notably longer than CBCS.

The deal with CBCS is you have the option for much faster TAT's at reasonable prices.

Fast Pass at CBCS is $10 and cuts TAT's by 1/2. Nine weeks is tolerable.
Fast Track at CGC is $15 and cuts TAT's by about 20%. It has the effect of making CGC's Fast Track take about the same time as CBCS regular.

If you are sending in moderns (that is published 1975 or later) the SCREAMING GOOD deal right now is CBCS's 2 day modern tier. $40 and your books are done in ONE week. For $37 CGC will get those modern fast track tier books back to you in 17 weeks.

Quickstream is $58 and back in a month. CGC's Standard is $75 and back in 18 weeks.

The hard truth is nothing is "fast" with CGC until you hit the $120 a book mark. Then it is four weeks. So unless you spend $120 a book, there is no way at this moment in time to get books back from CGC before sometime in 2022. CBCS offers a bunch of options for far less than $120 a book that can have your books back in a month or two.

All of my listed prices are retail. Your costs could be a bit less depending on any membership you have. And CBCS has been offering percent off sales fairly often. I don't believe I've ever seen a sale at CGC. Their idea of a sale is giving a week or two notice before a price hike.

My 2 cents.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Quote:

Since October for me !!!

Now THAT is ridiculous
Post 20 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

True, but I still have 6 previous submissions to look forward to getting back.
Post 21 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
As someone who has waited for a lot of Kickstarter projects to be fulfilled, patience has always been a virtue. It's how I knew that waiting for my suppressor paperwork to be approved would be a breeze. Just submit, forget it, and wait for some news.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

True, but I still have 6 previous submissions to look forward to getting back.

Post 23 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad

Pressing - 19 weeks out
Grading - 18 weeks out

Damn...I guess I'm getting my books around December. This really makes me think about this whole grading and slabbing situation. As much as I like CBCS, it may just come to how long it takes to get my books back. Also, before I get roasted on here, JUST MY OPINION. LOL!!

Ginosdad

lets hope cbcs starts to cut the time off on TAT
cgc for modern i just checked went from 134 days to 105 on modern for TAT

lets hope cbcs shaves days off soon
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad

Pressing - 19 weeks out
Grading - 18 weeks out

Ginosdad

lets hope cbcs starts to cut the time off on TAT
cgc for modern i just checked went from 134 days to 105 on modern for TAT

lets hope cbcs shaves days off soon

Yes, but I saw a recent YouTube video where it seems they are cutting out grader's notes. I wonder what other shortcuts they may be taking.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Post 26 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
If you are sending in moderns (that is published 1975 or later) the SCREAMING GOOD deal right now is CBCS's 2 day modern tier. $40 and your books are done in ONE week. For $37 CGC will get those modern fast track tier books back to you in 17 weeks.

This.

Send in a few moderns while you wait. It'll take the edge off your frustration.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm comfortable actually waiting longer. Give me a chance to catch up on bills lol I was charged for press screen yet so I can wait till the fall when I come.come back from.my vacation. So Steve borock , if you're reading this please take your time my submission lol.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Zoinks! I just looked at the Magazines tab Economy = 195 days
Post 29 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

lol!!!

and CGC pure bloods scoff at CBCS?

like this guys says....basically anything 9.4 and under I expect notes (even 9.6)
Post 30 IP   flag post
601492 69 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?