Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Newbie questions15297

Collector Jetsetfive private msg quote post Address this user
First question has probably been answered a hundred times but the second one I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

1.when looking at pressing it says screening 5 dollars. What exactly does the 5 dollar screen do? From my understanding it's to see if it will even help, so if it helps they will charge for a pressing and deduct the 5 dollars from the amount of the full pressing. If it won't help they simply keep the 5 and move past pressing.

2. I have a comic that is numbered 1 through 100. I'm trying to get it graded without getting a green label (which is the case with cgc). Is there anyway I could get it graded through CBCS without getting dinged since the number is supposed to be there?

Thanks and sorry in advance if these have been covered.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
1. Yes that is my understanding - if needs pressing the $5 goes toward it and if not it is their minimum fee to review.

2. If CBCS verifies a signature then the number written by the artist would go thru ok I think- if sig fails verification you’d get a “marker on cover” I would think on the label- but CBCS does not have GREEN so prolly better off either way here going with them?

Correct me if I’m wrong on anything of this guys!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
2) You would have to use CBCS’ signature verification service, which costs $25 for the first signature and $15 for each additional signature.

If the signature passes verification then yes, the edition numbering would be added to the label

Be sure to check out the Newbie’s Guide for additional information about services and submitting to CBCS
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsetfive
First question has probably been answered a hundred times but the second one I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

1.when looking at pressing it says screening 5 dollars. What exactly does the 5 dollar screen do? From my understanding it's to see if it will even help, so if it helps they will charge for a pressing and deduct the 5 dollars from the amount of the full pressing. If it won't help they simply keep the 5 and move past pressing.

2. I have a comic that is numbered 1 through 100. I'm trying to get it graded without getting a green label (which is the case with cgc). Is there anyway I could get it graded through CBCS without getting dinged since the number is supposed to be there?

Thanks and sorry in advance if these have been covered.
@Jetsetfive @radd76 - on #1. The $5 press screen will target that book for a review of if a press may help the grade. If it is deemed to probably help, then the comic will be pressed and the pressing fee will also be applied IN ADDITION to the $5 press screen.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Scifinator @Jetsetfive yes it is $5 then fees added- just called them. So $5 does not go toward the cost of pressing or grading to follow.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@radd76 - Trust in Scifinator - Not always right, but not often wrong.

Cheers and welcome to the forum and same to @Jetsetfive
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jetsetfive private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone for the fast replies! I should have mentioned that the number is actually not a signiture it's simply a number in the top left (34/100). Thanks again.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jetsetfive We understood about the numbering. Check my post and image above
Post 8 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Jetsetfive We understood about the numbering. Check my post and image above

Are there any instances of a book passing "signature verification" when there is no signature?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus you should have an artist sign in invisible ink and we test this theory bahahahahahahaha
Post 10 IP   flag post
601492 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?