Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

RAW Grading Option "grayed out"15296

Collector NowGrade private msg quote post Address this user
I am trying to submit comics for Raw Grading. However, the 'raw' option is not available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specifics: As I fill out the form, the option is grayed out. When I begin to enter the insured value, the option becomes available, then disappears (grays out). No matter what dollar amount I enter, the box remains grayed out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
What dollar amounts exactly are you entering? you say it becomes available and then it disappears, sounds like you are exceeding the FMV limit for Raw Grading

RAW Grading is limited to lower value books, $400 max. Anything above that will disable the option.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine is always grayed out. Don't know why but would be nice to know the answer.

Post 3 IP   flag post
@Londonman454 Because you are submitting via the Canadian portal and the service options are limited.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I am submitting via the US portal

Dollar amount = $1, $10, $100, $1,000, etc

I cannot select Grade Screening
Post 5 IP   flag post
@NowGrade Post an image of your submission when it becomes greyed out after briefly becoming available and I'll see if I can figure out what is wrong. I imagine it has to with the FMv and/or the grading tier selected
Post 6 IP   flag post
see attached image.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yup, I was right. The problem is that in changing the value of the FMV the processing tier (drop down on the far right) changed to Quickstream to accommodate. Quickstream is one of the faster, expedited tiers and as such the additional features are limited in part due to the speed at which the books are processed.

Change the drop down to something like Expanded or Consumer and the Raw Grade option will become available again

Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I would be concerned about that book getting rejected for Raw Grade. I don't know the condition but even in a .5 it's FMV is probably more than the max Raw Grade value. I also think that getting it Raw Grade rather than slabbed might significantly affect the resale value for you. Probably much more than $100 difference. I've done a lot of raw grade and in my opinion that's not really the type of book I would raw grade in any condition. I would slab it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia That is a good point. GoCollect has the value of a 0.5 at $875, more than double the limit for Raw Grade.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I made up the grade to provide an example of the no "raw" option.

My copy of ASM is on the right side of the gocollect bell curve. Rest assured, the Universal number will soon go from 55 to 56 or 27 to 28.

Thank you all for helping me with this.

PS - DL, there was a DJ in San Antonio (2009-2013) that performed in a hat/costume much like your profile pic. Absolute amazing performer. Any relation?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowGrade
My copy of ASM is on the right side of the gocollect bell curve. Rest assured, the Universal number will soon go from 55 to 56 or 27 to 28.

lol, @NowGrade and here I was so worried about you. Fretting all evening. Led to drinking even.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601469 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?