Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone here going to Terrificon this week(end)?

I’m not due to other obligations, but saw this ad offering to arrange drop off for those who can’t go and emailed cbcs. Got no response.

Maybe I’ll check my junk Mail…

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email for Chicago again saying we can do send in but the last email I got from Daryl was that it's only for Onsite so not sure why they keep advertising mail in in advance is an option.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
So it’s really for sending them in in advance and they can get sigs for you?

I thought it was just to drop them off before the show in person, but outside.

You know…drive up in a black van, open the side door…

“Past, hey you! You lookin to get some comics graded…?”
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I look forward to going to Terrificon each year, but with the recent increases in that which cannot be named, I am seriously considering skipping it this year. I can’t take any chances, as I could risk exposing my 93-year old mother to something that she probably couldn’t survive (and yes, she has been vaccinated).
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
I will be going (along with my daughter; we're all vaccinated), but I have a friend of mine who won't go because of the uptick in the Delta Variant.

It looks like this comment was added to the front page of the TerrifiCon web site:

"COVID protocols from the Mohegan Sun website regarding safety:

Temperature Screenings will remain at all property entrances
Masks and Face Coverings will continue to be required for UNVACCINATED persons on site
Continue to maintain safe physical distancing measures
Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures will continue
Hand Sanitizer and Sanitizing Wipes will continue to be made available at many locations across property

In addition, this year, TERRIFICON eliminated kids con and reduced the amount of vendors to make more space and aisles wider. "
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Heading up Friday morning.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been attending Cons for 20+ years.
At times I was attending 6 - 10 conventions per year (always including Terrificon)

During those roughly 100+ cons, I have often gotten the dreaded "Con Crud" which is AP Misery 501.
All that said, even if Covid was completely eliminated from existence right now, I'm still going in wearing a mask as I am so so so sick and tired of irresponsible sick people (colds, flu, god knows what else) attending and exposing others. They're sick with colds, and they just don't give a %&#@$.

So yea - I am going, and yea I am vax, but regardless I do not want Con Crud.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think the last 18 months has changed my DNA. Anything that requires leaving the house and traveling to a large gathering I have a hard time getting motivated for. Maybe this conditioning will wear off, but I was never big on crowds in the first place. I typically looked for the smallest most focused shows to go to.
Post 8 IP   flag post
601524 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?