Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Usually I Raw Grade the Pre-Modern books that don't quite make the cutoff to justify grading. Most of these books were a good fit for that category. A couple were disappointments but a couple were pleasant surprises and should have been slabbed. That's always the biggest payoff of Raw Grade for me...when I get a couple books back that were well worthy of slabbing but I didn't realize it. Seems that Raw Grade is moving 4-5 weeks faster than slabbing:

Continued:
Post 1 IP   flag post

Cont:
Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Happy B-day! I have a couple raw grades to share:

Post 4 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp Very Nice, hopefully anyone who's using the Raw Grade service will share them here in this thread.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia That JLA 29 and HOM 179 are sooper noice!
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia awesome books!! definitely a few that should have been slabbed. Congrats!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EbayMafia awesome books!! definitely a few that should have been slabbed. Congrats!!

@GAC I'm actually finding that to be the most valuable part of the Raw Grade service. It's kind of counter-intuitive but that the best part. The whole batch of 24 books cost me about $360 plus shipping. A couple of those X-men books are now each worth almost enough to pay for the whole thing. I didn't realize they would grade that well and without the Raw Grade service I would not have had them slabbed. They would just be sitting in my X-men box.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia does CBCS honor the raw grade if you choose to slab or does it go through the entire process again? I'm assuming the latter but it would be nice if they offered a discount in this situation.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
There's nothing like a 2¢ or 5¢ Arvel. I have a few of those as well.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My only raw grade, bought from a friend.

Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

@GAC I'm actually finding that to be the most valuable part of the Raw Grade service. It's kind of counter-intuitive but that the best part. The whole batch of 24 books cost me about $360 plus shipping. A couple of those X-men books are now each worth almost enough to pay for the whole thing. I didn't realize they would grade that well and without the Raw Grade service I would not have had them slabbed. They would just be sitting in my X-men box.

I honestly never found value...or more correctly, didn't understand the appeal of raw grade but I'm starting to see some based on what you posted above.... love those books!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Leverage, Ha! Ive seen the Xmen #60, and possibly the #49. No one talk about those HOM books..... no one likes them, they suck.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
There's nothing like a 2¢ or 5¢ Arvel. I have a few of those as well.

Don’t tell that other fella here on the forum. He’ll go all Red Hulk on us.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Available

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Leverage, Ha! Ive seen the Xmen #60, and possibly the #49. No one talk about those HOM books..... no one likes them, they suck.

Ha, There’s so many cool books you are just now getting exposed to young’n. I got so much leverage you’ll want to mow my lawn!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@EbayMafia does CBCS honor the raw grade if you choose to slab or does it go through the entire process again? I'm assuming the latter but it would be nice if they offered a discount in this situation.

I’m pretty sure it’s a reboot if you want to slab them.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia, Happy Birthday!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@sportshort My birthday is in a couple weeks. When I joined the forum I set my join date as my birthday. But then I realized it was the day after my wedding anniversary, so I got clever this year and moved my forum birthday to the day before my wedding anniversary. That way when you guys wish me happy birthday all day long it ensures that I don't forget my wedding anniversary tomorrow. Maybe I'm being too clever?
Post 19 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia, well, you fooled me, but that’s like shooting fish in a barrel.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia, Happy Anniversary (unless this is a reminder for another event - lol)! How many years has your dear, sweet, saintly wife (I know, a lot of assumptions here) put up with you?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@EbayMafia, Happy Anniversary (unless this is a reminder for another event - lol)! How many years has your dear, sweet, saintly wife (I know, a lot of assumptions here) put up with you?

@sportshort 18 years ago on this day we had a wedding that was catered by, wait for it...Lucille's Bar-B-Q! Some proclaimed it to be their favorite food they had ever eaten a a wedding. But I think it was the open bar stocked with unlimited booze from Costco that made them feel that way.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I don't drink, but I get that it makes for a successful soire. Congrats on your 18 years!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
601532 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?