Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Grading 101: Help me Learn (Tomb of Dracula 16)15259

Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
So in all my years of collecting sadly my brain has two modes of assigning grades to a book, they are all either 9.8 or 1.8 no in-between lol so today when preparing some books to drop off at Megacon I found this copy of Tomb of Dracula 16 which I had no idea I even owned and my brain really couldn't help decide on a grade so here I am asking for pointers on what to look for.

Off the bat after reading a grading guide I am deciding on a 6.0 or 5.5, thoughts? Am I way off? Close? Any comments are welcome as I will be the first to admit my grading sense is way out of whack

?

Post 1 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 or 3 versions of the grading guides but if all else fails you could try this site.
No idea who crated it but it's fairly decent.
Just click on examples that are closest to the defects you see in all sorts of categories and it will spit out an estimated grade!

https://www.comicbookgradingtool.com/
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Supermole private msg quote post Address this user
Some of that looks pressable with a moisture press. Why not give it a shot?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I have 2 or 3 versions of the grading guides but if all else fails you could try this site.
No idea who crated it but it's fairly decent.
Just click on examples that are closest to the defects you see in all sorts of categories and it will spit out an estimated grade!

https://www.comicbookgradingtool.com/

Thank you for this! I guess part of my logic has always been that EVERY defect results in one drop lower of grade but as I was clicking through I saw that I was adding a few before I dropped. That website gave me a 6.5
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I think a 6.0 sounds possible.
Post 6 IP   flag post
601487 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?