Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For Sale

Modern Age CGC Slabs Going Up For Sale--A Few SA/BA/CA Slabs As Well!!!15252

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Dark Nights: Death Metal #6, Lucio Parrillo ‘B-Rex’ variant. This issue features a robotic T-Rex with Batman’s consciousness.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. I have 4 slabs of this comic, each with it's own certification number (of course). I can provide pics of each slab cert # if requested.

$50 shipped (each slab)

Post 251 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Demon Days: X-Men #1, Peach Momoko 1:200 incentive virgin variant. This comic is Peach’s first foray into interior comic work, which reimagines the X-Men in feudal Japan…including an appearance by feudal Venom.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

With the purchase of this slab, I will include (for free) a copy of Demon Days: X-Men #1, J. Scott Campbell 1:50 incentive cover. I believe this copy to be in Near Mint minus condition or better because there is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as one or two small spine stress creases/tics that don’t break the ink. The back cover shows light ink rubs near the staples, as well as some very light rubs in spots along the spine.

$220 shipped (includes raw copy)

Post 252 IP   flag post
DIE!namite #1, Peach Momoko 1:30 incentive ‘Red Sonja’ sketch variant D.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$75 shipped

Post 253 IP   flag post
DIE!namite #1, Peach Momoko limited edition Red Sonja ‘Zombie’ virgin variant E.

At the time of this listing, there are a total of 6 graded copies in the census. I haven’t found any sales information for this variant in GPA or eBay.

There is one problem with this slab, unfortunately. It’s not a true 9.8 (IMO) because CGC slabbed the comic with a mild finger-bend on the front cover near the bottom edge. This was a comic pressed by Tony Starks before submission to CGC, which makes me 100% positive that they did this. I did return it as a Mechanical Error, but they did nothing with it. I’ve decided NOT to hassle with returning it again.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$135 shipped (or best offer)

Post 254 IP   flag post
Spider-Man: Facsimile Edition #1. This cover is the Shattered Comics/Matt DiMasi ‘Tile Mosaic’ Gold variant and is limited to 3000 copies. It is a reprint of the classic Spider-Man #1 (Todd McFarlane).

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$175 shipped (or best offer)

Post 255 IP   flag post

Spider-Man: Facsimile Edition #1. This cover is the Shattered Comics/Matt DiMasi ‘Tile Mosaic’ Silver variant and is limited to 1000 copies. It is a reprint of the classic Spider-Man #1 (Todd McFarlane).

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$200 shipped (or best offer)

Post 256 IP   flag post
X-Men #12 (2020), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Thank You Unity’ variant A. This cover was done in ‘Chibi’ style artwork.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$65 shipped

Post 257 IP   flag post
X-Men #12 (2020), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Thank You Unity’ virgin variant B. This cover was done in ‘Chibi’ style artwork.

CGC 9.8, White pages

$85 shipped

Post 258 IP   flag post
X of Swords: Creation #1, The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Magik’ variant A.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$60 shipped

Post 259 IP   flag post
X of Swords: Creation #1, The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Magik’ virgin variant B.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$75 shipped

Post 260 IP   flag post
That's all for now, my friends. I actually misspoke earlier on this page that I may close this thread after the new year. I will, but not for at least a month into 2022. I forgot that I have two Mechanical Error resubmits that need to be shipped...both slabs have the wrong label. This will be the second time I've had to return slabs for shenanigans. It will be the last. Once I get those in hand, I will list them and leave the thread up for a bit afterwards. Thanks again for visiting!!!
Post 261 IP   flag post
Just a heads up, all...the following two slabs are no longer for sale. They were given away in a holiday raffle. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Dark Nights: Death Metal #6 Lucio Parrillo variant (only one given away...3 still available)

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #300 Andy Kubert variant
Post 262 IP   flag post
Okay, gang...my final two CGC graded slabs are going up for sale. Not to sound like a broken record, but I stopped sending books in for grading last Spring because of all the bullsh@t with poor TAT's, Quality Control, and general shenanigans. The last slab I list here will be a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

After I list the last two slabs, I will leave this thread open for a while...perhaps into February. If there are no more sales by then, I'll close the thread and keep all my slabs in my permanent collection for the foreseeable future.

Remember, all prices listed include shipping...offers will be entertained on all slabs (if not already stated). Thanks again to everyone who has made a purchase from this thread. You are greatly appreciated.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of X-Factor #87. This issue features the origin of Strong Guy.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$125 shipped (or best offer)

Post 264 IP   flag post
Spider-Man: Facsimile Edition #1. This cover is the Shattered Comics/Matt DiMasi 30th Anniversary ‘Red’ variant and is limited to 1000 copies. It is a reprint of the classic Spider-Man #1 (Todd McFarlane).

In my opinion, this comic doesn’t reflect a true 9.8 grade because of the spine ticks that are evident on the front cover. I don’t recall if these were already there, or if CGC’s people did that. The comic wasn’t pressed either and normally I would’ve had those ticks pressed out. Either way, I’ve stopped fighting with CGC over their piss-poor Quality Control. My loss is your gain though, so I will include this slab for free if one or both of the previously listed Facsimile edition slabs (listed on this page) are purchased AT COST. Otherwise, the individual price is listed below.

CGC 9.8, White Pages

$50 shipped

Post 265 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O When you have a free moment, would you close/lock this thread for me? Thanks so much!!!
Post 266 IP   flag post
600457 266 16
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.