Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze Age

MCS "Scuffed" comment - Should I be mad??15245

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
All my shorts have “light scuffing”. You just can’t always see it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
All my shorts have “light scuffing”. You just can’t always see it.

undershorts, I presume? We call them skid marks, but scuffing makes sense.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
@BigRedOne1944 I agree completely. I had multiple CBCS books reholdered in 2020-21 for the new improved cases only to be let down at the scuff marks.
This isn’t an issue with MCS, it’s the grading companies being currently incapable of consistently providing scratch/scuff free cases.
I get the argument, but CGC, CBCS, etc do not manufacture slabs. They can only provide the quality they get from the manufacturer. Until they receive consistent quality there is not much we can bitch n moan about.

Not trying to be an ass btw.

I realize that not every slab is going to be pristine, and the current CBCS flaw Im talking about is NOT a Manufacturer flaw. It is the vertical scuff marks that run the length of the case. This flaw is from the equipment that is sealing the slabs together during the encapsulation process and a lack of quality control at CBCS. I have to believe that it is an issue that CBCS could easily resolve. I still have a couple orders in with CBCS, so we will see.

At least I got a new title out of this thread. Thanks Jesse.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I just received this book in the mail. For all of those complaining about scuffed slabs, this is what a truly scuffed slab looks like.

Here we go:

Post 29 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I just received this book in the mail. For all of those complaining about scuffed slabs, this is what a truly scuffed slab looks like.

Looks okay to me - I don't see a single scuff!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Looks okay to me - I don't see a single scuff!

For some reason it isn't showing up. I've scanned it and uploaded it three times.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson - Check your settings - are you saving it as a JPEG? Or maybe the file size is too large.
Post 32 IP   flag post
There we go:

Post 33 IP   flag post
600871 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?