Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Question: Stray Dogs #115238

Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
This series is super hot right now and thankfully I bought a few raw copies of #1 at cover price. Wondering if the flaw I’m showing in the attached pic is considered a manufacturing error that won’t affect grade. This is my “poorest” copy and it’s perfect other than this. Appreciate the feedback!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ugot2c private msg quote post Address this user
is that the cover A cover? If it is, then in my opinion, it isn't a manufacturing error because my copy

didn't have that defect. Hope that helps. Maybe other people can comment if they also had same defect.

BTW congrats on getting several copies of the issue at cover price!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm certainly no expert on this but that defect appears a little too pronounced to be a manufacturing error. I've seen what you're talking about, but to me, those are more subtle than yours. I could very well be wrong though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the feedback @ugot2c and @GAC. This is the back of Cover A, and I can confirm that my other copies are much cleaner in the corners than this one. Strangely enough, they were all purchased at the same time (day of release) from the same store, so odd this one has more pronounced damage. Either way, I doubt it’s a press/slab candidate.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4623/page/1/how-would-this-affect-grade---bindery-tear/#4
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks @the420bandito…that’s a great example of the flaw I’m dealing with. Based on the feedback in that thread, I shouldn’t expect anything better than a 9.6 (and likely much lower).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking expect 9.4. None of my cover As have that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601492 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?