Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Anyone done a re-holder recently?15226

Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
The Turnaround Times pages does not list re-holders. So was curious if anyone has submitted an re-holder order recently. Thinking of upgrading a few of my old slabs and I'm pretty sure the 2-3 week quoted on pricing pages is most likely incorrect.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mrbryceman private msg quote post Address this user
I have a venom slab from cbcs that has some paper fiber that was enclosed in the slab when I had it graded and was wondering if they charge for them reslab it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
I spoke with them today and they quoted 12 weeks for a re slab . They are that far behind unfortunately.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Happyfacecomics Ah good to know. Will hold off a bit then
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I had around 7 reholders to do.Sent in June 11 on my dash and hopefully well be done July 16.Waitng for email are tracking#.Well send in some info when it comes.Good luck.If it is finished thats about 5 weeks on my dash.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'll just keep my comics in the old cases and labels for the time being.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcitycomics
The Turnaround Times pages does not list re-holders. So was curious if anyone has submitted an re-holder order recently. Thinking of upgrading a few of my old slabs and I'm pretty sure the 2-3 week quoted on pricing pages is most likely incorrect.

Last month I sent back (5) slabs to be re-holdered. (3) were cracked and (2) needed the labels switched. I got an email saying they were received and a week later they were back in my hands. I was very happy with the turn around time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
12-14 weeks
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Rafel Thanks for the heads up. Thats no bad at all.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I have one reholder order received on 5/5 and "grading" on 5/27. Approaching the two month mark so I'm thinking August time frame it comes back.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I just talk to cbcs and they say it takes up to 2 weeks to deliver.Wow.Im in Houston and they are in Dallas.The mailing service out there sucks.It should not take 2 to 3 days for shipping out here.I guess we didn't think about the weeks not days for shipping too when they say 2 to 3 weeks to rehold.I would say its more than 5 weeks for me.So 5 to 7 weeks.I do have the time so i will wait.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector RidingBeavers private msg quote post Address this user
I got mine back recently.

They received it 4/21
They sent it out 7/14

so about 3 months
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Jes1125 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent one in for reholder (5/4 received)
Going on 12 weeks now.....still processing
Post 14 IP   flag post
Be hold my cases just in.June 11 to July 21.Thats 5 weeks 3 days.They might think about the turn around time.Still i am not in a rush so my hat off for cbcs.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
At Summer Con recently here in Seattle I turned in some books to CBCS, met some of the guys, all very friendly and helpful. One group of comics was going in for grading only, another group of comics for pressing and then grading. I realize the wait is long, as long as they are safe, I don't mind waiting.

I also took to the show two books of mine that were already slabbed. Those were to be slabbed again in the new cases. This was June 20th of this year. Today, July 21st I get a text from FedEx stating a package was coming on 7/22, signature required. Now I wasn't expecting anything, I checked and saw that it was from Dallas Texas, about four pounds. I figure they are the two books that I wanted re-holdered into the new cases. It shows they shipped them out on July 16th. That is less than one month from when I dropped them off at the show, to when they shipped them back. No complaints there since people are saying they have been waiting much longer, but what has me concerned is I received no email from CBCS that my order had shipped. If I hadn't had FedEx text alerts enabled I would not have known this package was even arriving tomorrow.

So my question is, isn't there something in place whereas CBCS emails the customer when their order ships out? If there is, I hadn't received anything in my inbox or spam folder.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I got the same thing.I did not get text are email Wensday.Im not complaining but i did try to talk to someone that day and they said it would be 1 to 2 weeks before sent and behold that day my comics came.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Is this normal for shipping new slabs?Its been a wall sence i got slabs done.I always thought they put them in boxs are something in between cases so they get scratched.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
That's the new normal for the shipping.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Turns out my re-holder order was supposed to be delivered Wednesday originally. It's been sitting at FedEx now due to an exception, tracking shows "Barcode unreadable and replaced". It then was supposed to be delivered today, now they are saying tomorrow. Curious how the barcode could be unreadable unless it took some damage along the way, luckily it's two books, hopefully they are packaged well enough to take the abuse the carrier dish out. Still surprised that zero email was sent to me from CBCS alerting me the order had shipped back on the 16th.
Post 20 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I have had the "Barcode unreadable and replaced" on FedEx shipments before. They never arrive with anything that looks like one label has been placed over another.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Kinsella5 They just printed a new label and placed on the box. Basically the computer automated sorting machine had issues scanning the label as it zoomed by so it was flagged for a Fedex rep to reprint it. I've had many many packages come like that most always come the same day but a few the next days.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Interesting info, thanks for shedding some light on it. I can't recall ever getting something from FedEx that required a new label be placed, but it sounds like it's not uncommon so thanks for the info. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow, its just two comics re-holdered in the new case, now if it was one of the much larger shipments of books at CBCS or heading there this week, then I would be more concerned. ;-)
Post 23 IP   flag post
601524 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?