Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Canadian turn around time15195

Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockstar84
Anyone know after they say ship to Canada how long it takes? Does it go to Ontario then ship? Do you typically receive a tracking number?

my last order was 'ship to Canada' for 14 weeks??
Yes - it does ship to Oakville then to you, so you won't get a tracking # or ship notification until that final ship.

I think I actually had my books before I was notified about the final ship!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector j_nocera private msg quote post Address this user
Oh great. My books will get to collect dust for months in Oakville again until Steve decides to meander over the border someday and send them.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
My January Order has been in ship to Canada for 13 weeks and counting. My February order has been in "Labels" since about mid June.

So.....we wait....
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
That BB60 is a very cool looking book!

A few questions for the Canucks.

1) If you have shipped directly to Dallas, is it easier dealing with UPS or Fedex or CanadaPost?

2) Related to #1, for the customs forms I assume we can state that these are documents with no commercial value? If you throw on $3000 in insurance coverage does that then undermine that case? Sheesh. I am not even sure what I am asking at this point as the online shipping form wasn't very clear about what to do with your own property.

3) Has anyone tried using the US form for Canadian (Oakville) submission? I want to grade screen a few books and the Canadian form won't allow it. Did the switching forms strategy work? If so, CBCS ships back direct rather than through the Canadian office?

4) Not really important but after reading the above on taxes and duties, shouldn't we have to pay taxes on the cost of slabbing, pressing etc.? Both of those are good and services and it would seem they are taxable. Or no?

Thanks for the help.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado
That BB60 is a very cool looking book!

A few questions for the Canucks.

1) If you have shipped directly to Dallas, is it easier dealing with UPS or Fedex or CanadaPost?

2) Related to #1, for the customs forms I assume we can state that these are documents with no commercial value? If you throw on $3000 in insurance coverage does that then undermine that case? Sheesh. I am not even sure what I am asking at this point as the online shipping form wasn't very clear about what to do with your own property.

3) Has anyone tried using the US form for Canadian (Oakville) submission? I want to grade screen a few books and the Canadian form won't allow it. Did the switching forms strategy work? If so, CBCS ships back direct rather than through the Canadian office?

4) Not really important but after reading the above on taxes and duties, shouldn't we have to pay taxes on the cost of slabbing, pressing etc.? Both of those are good and services and it would seem they are taxable. Or no?

Thanks for the help.

I signed up for Netparcel through Paypal. That gets me sweet UPS prices, 10 books is usually <$20 to ship to Dallas. When you use Netparcel the customs form is part of buying the label. I always state the purpose as other/evaluation.

Don't bother adding extra insurance, UPS insurance doesn't cover used items or collectables. Talk to your insurance broker to see if your home insurance could cover it or look into collectable specific insurance.

Usually the only charge you see when the books come back is $25 for customs brokerage payable to FedEx. You usually can get that waived if you try hard enough.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Huntergreene2! Wasn't aware of the limitations in coverage either. I appreciate the tip.
Post 56 IP   flag post
418652 56 6