Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze Age

New Highest Price in Grade15186

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
At some of those prices was it even worth grading?
@Bronte - for me, yes in that I made the conscious to grade it all knowing that 25-35% would stay in my permanent collection and be protected with accurate grades. The 65-75% that was to be sold off would pay the bill for the entire operation (and at this point it already has) and allow me to trim without having to go self-grade each and every comic that I was going to sell and then worry on the other end that buyer(s) contest the description. Sure some of these teen and twenty something $ sales are losses and the mid 30’s are basically break even after all the shipping and fees, but my time, effort, & frustration has been greatly reduced. And all of the $50-$3,000 sales have substantially more that offset any losses even if I were to sell the rest of the 1,500 comics at under $25, which I am not going to do.

If I had it to do all over again, i would not have sold on ebay and i would only have the comics that were for permanent collection sent to me, the rest would have been picked up in Dallas by MCS. That is the hindsight changes I would have made.
Post 126 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. I understand that. I don't like selling raw books either. Too many questionable folks out there.

I literally just sent some books to MCS for the first time. Apparently a couple of books aren't even in their database so we shall see how this plays out.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - My biggest problem that I have with MCS is that they won't make the drive from TX to SoCal to package and pick up my comics fso I don't have to go through the expense of shipping to them.
Post 128 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator

Lol. Well it would be nice but I don't think of MCS as a concierge comic company....
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
And the new records just keep coming! Moments ago, we got not only a new high in the 9.6 (44% over the previous cgc high of $55) but only 1 of the previous 8 cgc 9.8 sales in the GoCollect database mark a higher price.

Sold at $79.70 (before MCS fees or shipping)

I remember buying that off the rack! Still have it, too!
Post 130 IP   flag post

Looks like we have a new record price.

$68.99 before fees and shipping:

Post 131 IP   flag post
New Record Highest price in 9.6 Grade, more than doubling the previous cgc 9.6 sales AND, beating 12 of the 14 cgc 9.8 sales, as noted in the GoCollect database, the only two higher 9.8's were at $60 & $65.

SOLD @ $55

Post 132 IP   flag post
New Record Highest price in 9.4 Grade, more than 60% increase over the previous record cgc 9.6 sale from Dec 2021, as noted in the GoCollect database.

SOLD $44

Post 133 IP   flag post
Boom! New record price!

Coming in at a 30% increase over the next highest cgc price according to the GoCollect database. Sold at $129.90

Post 134 IP   flag post
Not 1, not 2, but 3 new record prices now held by comics in CBCS encasements!

Coming in at $400 -

At $330 -

And finally, at $330 -

Post 135 IP   flag post
New record price, more than doubling the previous cgc high!

Sold at $98 before shipping:

Post 136 IP   flag post
Looks CBCS clocks another new record price. Sold for $79.00

Post 137 IP   flag post
New highest price in grade, even surpassing cgc 9.6 at $39.5 before fees and shipping.

Post 138 IP   flag post
Record price in grade for a NON-Stan Lee signed 9.6, selling at 199.99 before fees and shipping.

Post 139 IP   flag post
New Highest price in grade at $34.07 before fees and shipping, even beating April sale of 9.4 grade

Post 140 IP   flag post
New Highest price in grade at $43.00 even beating May sale of 9.8 cgc grade.

Post 141 IP   flag post
Highest price in grade coming in at $53.10 which tops all but 1 cgc sales through 9.6 as referenced in GoCollect database.

Post 142 IP   flag post
Looks like a record price at $59.49 before fees and shipping!

Post 143 IP   flag post
Boom! Looks like a new highest/record price for Ghost Rider 23 now in the CBCS column! Sold via MCS for $306.37 before fees or shipping!

Post 144 IP   flag post
Looks like another new record.

Sold for $79 before shipping.

Post 145 IP   flag post
Highest price in grade @$38 surpassing 3 of 4 previous "9.2" cgc grades. Also, as was the case with the rest of my Topps Jurassic, Vlad, & Dracula comics, this was not pressed and had polybag crease.

Post 146 IP   flag post
Another new record selling at $93 surpassing a recent "9.8" cgc by over 16%.

Post 147 IP   flag post
Highest price in grade coming in at $29.94 before fees and shipping and surpassing 4 of 8 "9.0" cgc sales.

Post 148 IP   flag post
Highest price in grade coming in at $39 and surpassing all but one cgc sales up to and including "9.4" grades.

Post 149 IP   flag post
Highest price in grade coming in at $35 and tying or surpassing all but one cgc sales up to and including "9.2" grades.

Post 150 IP   flag post
Record high price at $80.49 before fees and shipping.

Post 151 IP   flag post
Another new record selling at $67 surpassing a recent "9.8" cgc by 34%.

Post 152 IP   flag post
Highest price in grade coming in at $35.49 before fees and shipping and surpassing all but one cgc sales up to and including "9.8" grades.

Post 153 IP   flag post
Another new record selling at $42.86 before fees and shipping surpassing any cgc "grade".

Post 154 IP   flag post
Looks like we have two new record prices:

Sold for 78.84

And, selling at $44.14 beating higher graded cgc examples,

Post 155 IP   flag post
601460 169 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?