Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze Age

New Highest Price in Grade15186

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
This was not one of my comics, but I was watching it with great interest and hope that price would go down.

However, NEW HIGHEST PRICE IN GRADE...by a substantial level based on GoCollect database!

Sold for $14,000 which eclipses the previous cgc high of $5,200 and surpassed all but 2 of the previous 43 cgc 9.6 sales.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
New Record price for issue!

Sold for $199.90 beating the former high price of cgc graded issue based on GoCollect database.

Post 102 IP   flag post
New High for the Superman #211 comic. According to GoCollect database, previous high was cgc @ $100. New high sold via MCS Ebay store is now CBCS @ $120!

Link

Post 103 IP   flag post
New Highest price in grade at $35 not including mcs fees, shipping or tax. Also higher than the cgc 9.6 sales listed in the GoCollect database.

Post 104 IP   flag post
New highest price in grade. Sold at $46.99 not including MCS fee, taxes, or shipping, this CBCS 9.0 clocks in higher than previous cgc 9.2 sale per GoCollect database.

Post 105 IP   flag post

New HIGH. Previous record, cgc 9.8 $49.50. New record CBCS 9.8 $75 as per GoCollect database.

direct link to ebay sales listing

Post 106 IP   flag post
New Highest price in grade 9.6 for each of these which sold at $49.99 before MCS fees and shipping!

Post 107 IP   flag post
Selling @ 82.99 before fees and shipping…Not only is this a substantially higher record in the 9.6 grade, it also surpasses 13 of 15 previous cgc 9.8 sales in the GoCollect database!

Post 108 IP   flag post
New Record price Selling at $109.90 (before MCS Fees and shipping) which appears to be higher than any cgc graded sale in the GoCollect database!

Post 109 IP   flag post
But wait @ESaravo there's more!

We have a new record high on a Key comic!. Selling at $649.99 (again, before MCS fess and shipping) this OW-W CBCS Graded New Teen Titans has sold higher than even the cgc 9.8's w/ White pages in the GoCollect database!

Post 110 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Cool to see CBCS books pulling in good coin.

Anybody know what the top prices pulled on New Mutants Annual #2 ?

I just sold this one for $2000

Post 111 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 - looks like the highest Newsstand was cgc 9.6 at $374. Highest overall was cgc 9.8 direct at $1199 in the GoCollect database.

Congrats!
Post 112 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@BigRedOne1944 - looks like the highest Newsstand was cgc 9.6 at $374. Highest overall was cgc 9.8 direct at $1199 in the GoCollect database.

Congrats!

Yeah, best I can tell, that barcode in the left corner made about an $800 difference. That and the perfect wrap.
Post 113 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Post 114 IP   flag post
Quote:

Congrats!

So no sales info of a CGC Newsstand? I was just kind of curious because of the Theory of CGC books selling for more. I guess that can be true in instances, but of all the CBCS books Ive sold over the past couple years Ive never found this to be true of the books Ive sold.
Post 115 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 - only newsstand I saw was 9.6 or below.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 - only newsstand I saw was 9.6 or below.

I don't know the rarity of the UPC vs Direct on this book, but is the difference between a 9.6 and 9.8 that wide? Over $1,600? I know the book has gained in popularity, but how long ago was that 9.6 sale?

Just curious
Post 117 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 the 9.6 newsstand was sold April 24th, 2021.

Recently there was a newsstand 9.4 that sold on 12/21/21 for $197.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 the 9.6 newsstand was sold April 24th, 2021.

Recently there was a newsstand 9.4 that sold on 12/21/21 for $197.

The 9.6 in April was back at the beginning of the year. The Newsstands must be pretty tough and 9.8's even tougher. I suspect the book is very appealing regardless CGC or CBCS.

Thanks for taking the time on the info
Post 119 IP   flag post
To brighten everyones morning we have a new high in grade 9.6 for Whitman Variant Micronauts #1 surpassing the previous cgc 9.6 by nearly 20%, according to GoCollect database. Selling at a cool $145 via MCS/eBay store:

Post 120 IP   flag post
And the new records just keep coming! Moments ago, we got not only a new high in the 9.6 (44% over the previous cgc high of $55) but only 1 of the previous 8 cgc 9.8 sales in the GoCollect database mark a higher price.

Sold at $79.70 (before MCS fees or shipping)

Post 121 IP   flag post
Not my listing but this is a comic I watch and noticed a possible new high price in grade. Sure enough this CBCS 8.5 sale set a new record passing the previous cgc 8.5 high price by 5%.

New record now stands at $3,150

Link to ebay sale
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
And the new records just keep coming! Moments ago, we got not only a new high in the 9.6 (44% over the previous cgc high of $55) but only 1 of the previous 8 cgc 9.8 sales in the GoCollect database mark a higher price.

I have known Steven Butler for 30+ years. He also was the first to draw the Scarlet Spider.

Glad to see some of his books picking up steam lately!

PDG
Post 123 IP   flag post
Here is a set of New Highest price in grades or first sales from the past week:

Sold @ $41 via MCS eBay store

Sold @ $34 via MCS eBay store

Sold @ $115 via MCS eBay store

Sold @ $85.99 direct at MCS

Post 124 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
At some of those prices was it even worth grading?
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
At some of those prices was it even worth grading?
@Bronte - for me, yes in that I made the conscious to grade it all knowing that 25-35% would stay in my permanent collection and be protected with accurate grades. The 65-75% that was to be sold off would pay the bill for the entire operation (and at this point it already has) and allow me to trim without having to go self-grade each and every comic that I was going to sell and then worry on the other end that buyer(s) contest the description. Sure some of these teen and twenty something $ sales are losses and the mid 30’s are basically break even after all the shipping and fees, but my time, effort, & frustration has been greatly reduced. And all of the $50-$3,000 sales have substantially more that offset any losses even if I were to sell the rest of the 1,500 comics at under $25, which I am not going to do.

If I had it to do all over again, i would not have sold on ebay and i would only have the comics that were for permanent collection sent to me, the rest would have been picked up in Dallas by MCS. That is the hindsight changes I would have made.
Post 126 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. I understand that. I don't like selling raw books either. Too many questionable folks out there.

I literally just sent some books to MCS for the first time. Apparently a couple of books aren't even in their database so we shall see how this plays out.
Post 127 IP   flag post
@Bronte - My biggest problem that I have with MCS is that they won't make the drive from TX to SoCal to package and pick up my comics fso I don't have to go through the expense of shipping to them.
Post 128 IP   flag post
@Scifinator

Lol. Well it would be nice but I don't think of MCS as a concierge comic company....
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I remember buying that off the rack! Still have it, too!
Post 130 IP   flag post
601512 169 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?