Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Update July 15th 2021 (Sorta Long, Sorry)15182

Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to reach out to everyone with an update on where we are currently, and to address some common issues we are seeing.

RECEIVING
Due to the volume of submissions, we have received we are behind in receiving these into our system, and are working to catch up. If your package shows as received by us, please allow time for us to get this into our system, and a delay should not be a cause for concern. Depending on the volume the delay could be a few weeks.
Please keep in mind that the delay in receiving will not affect your turn times.

TURN AROUND TIMES
Turn Around times are listed here:
https://www.cbcscomics.com/estimated-turnaround-times

The times listed on this page are the most up to date, and if you see different times listed on our site please let me know as we are working to update this across the board.
Please remember the most up-to-date turn times will be on the link provided above.

CUSTOMER SERVICE
With the huge spike in submissions, we have also seen a large spike in the number of emails and calls our customer service team has been getting, and are working to keep these under control and get back to you as soon as possible.
For this to happen, we wanted to touch base on some of the issues that have been slowing down customer service, and address these here for everyone.

1. Making sure your invoices are correct - We are getting daily requests to pull an invoice and add or delete services. Due to the volume and workload, we cannot make changes to an invoice once it is in the system and in the process.
Please take time to review our turn times and services and as always if you have any confusion please email me or customer service before submitting. Once submitted we cannot correct moving forward.

2. Knowing your turnaround times - Do not be alarmed if your invoices are "Sitting" in an area longer than usual.
All invoices completion projection dates will be available on the Turn around times page, so do not be alarmed as this is not uncommon and does not mean there is an issue with your invoice.
If we have any issues with an invoice we will always contact the customer to address it.

3. Appointments
In-office drop-off and pick-ups are by appointment only, and our times are limited.
WE will always work with the customer and try and schedule a time best for them, but we are seeing many customers showing up without an appointment and this is causing a serious backlash in the workflow and our efforts to catch up and correct the issues that need to be corrected.
If you would like to schedule an appointment email me or CBCS Customer Service and let us know what dates and times work best for you. If we do not reply right away please do not just show up.

Please work with me on this so we can avoid having to stop all local pick-ups, I don't want to have to think of this option at all.

As always if you have any questions please let me know. email me or customer service and thank you all!

Darryl's email: dhayden@cbcscomics.com
Customer service email: customerservice@cbcscomics.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Great update @Darryl_H & my apologies as I have added to the "volume of submissions" from May - July.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to be more specific on receiving times? “Few” can mean different things in different contexts.

I’m going on to week 8 waiting for an order to show up as received. It was shipped by an artist from outside the country so I’d hate for the artist to have made a slight mistake in shipping and the books ended up at some guy’s house down the road.

Also, is there any update on reholders/label fixes?

I had an order received at the end of January. It was graded and was about to ship but I noticed a mistake on the grader’s notes and contacted Customer Service who cancelled the shipment. I was told they would be shipping back toward the end of April. Then a reholder order was created in mid-May and they have just been sitting in grading since. Is that normal?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Great update @Darryl_H & my apologies as I have added to the "volume of submissions" from May - July.

Don't apologize for that!!
KEEP THEM COMING :-)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent update - thanks! Should I be concerned about a December submission that I am still waiting on? (it did include a press, but still > 19 weeks)
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Is it August already or is this a prediction of what will happen on August 15th?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERB_in_CLT
Excellent update - thanks! Should I be concerned about a December submission that I am still waiting on? (it did include a press, but still > 19 weeks)

IIRC, the 19wk estimate is for pressing only, in addition to the 17wk estimate for grading. So your order would have a lead time of 36wk if I'm correct.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H many thanks for the update. I greatly appreciate your time and patience.

Looks like I have about a week or two left (acc. to the current timeline), so that's promising.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Is it August already or is this a prediction of what will happen on August 15th?

Its the future, and I fixed it........
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjoody
Quote:

IIRC, the 19wk estimate is for pressing only, in addition to the 17wk estimate for grading. So your order would have a lead time of 36wk if I'm correct.

Ah, did not read it that way, especially since they have been showing in Labels for a week or so, but good to know... thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Does "submitted" mean it's been received and just waiting its turn?
Post 11 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update, @Darryl_H.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Does "submitted" mean it's been received and just waiting its turn?
@Bobashek - "Submitted" means a submission invoice was created. "Received" or "Processing" typically show up on your dashboard shortly after CBCS has received your comics. But, as Darryl mentioned in his post, that updating of the dashboard is behind as they have been swamped.
Post 13 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Wow 17 weeks now

On the orders that were received when the TAT was 13 - 14 weeks shouldn't that TAT be in effect on those orders?
Or does it just get adjusted every time the TAT changes on the website?
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Is it possible to be more specific on receiving times? “Few” can mean different things in different contexts.

I’m going on to week 8 waiting for an order to show up as received. It was shipped by an artist from outside the country so I’d hate for the artist to have made a slight mistake in shipping and the books ended up at some guy’s house down the road.

I had an order received at the end of January. It was graded and was about to ship but I noticed a mistake on the grader’s notes and contacted Customer Service who cancelled the shipment. I was told they would be shipping back toward the end of April. Then a reholder order was created in mid-May and they have just been sitting in grading since. Is that normal?

I wouldn't hold your breath. CBCS customer service was suppose to send me a return shipping label for a Amazing Spiderman #300 they mis-labeled.

The label is missing all of the important info that always accompanies this book.

I really would like to have the label corrected, but at this point Ive all but given up hope of getting the return shipping label.

If I just sent the book back at my own cost with a note explaining the problem? or would that really confuse them and get my book lost in limbo?

Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'd wait until you get that return label. It's surprising that being a forum member hasn't gotten their attention as I'd think they would prioritize you.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H thank you sir! It looks like some of my orders are nearing the final countdown *ques music in my head*
Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I'd wait until you get that return label. It's surprising that being a forum member hasn't gotten their attention as I'd think they would prioritize you.

@flanders I wouldn’t be sending anything back right now for customer service issues. I’d just keep them in my possession until the rough waters have passed. It seems pretty clear the decks have been swamped.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H @sborock or anyone else who can provide an official answer:

I recently shipped an order to Dallas via USPS Priority Mail, and the tracking shows it delivered on 7/8/21. However, the Tracking also indicates delivery to Dallas 75234, rather than 75244 which the package was addressed to.

Does CBCS accept deliveries at 75234, or should I be concerned that it may not have arrived as intended?

Hoping the shipment wasn't delivered to a muffler shop in 75234

Here's what it contained: ORDER

Thanks in advance for any additional info you can provide.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the update. If you are in the field and keep up with various groups on Social Media, you know of the delays. The comic market exploded and everyone is sending stuff in. I am sure I speak for most when I say we appreciate the services and keeping us in the loop.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@ggovel - that zip code delivery issue has popped up before. My belief is that it pertains to the facility where the delivery carrier is located. You should be fine.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@ggovel - that zip code delivery issue has popped up before. My belief is that it pertains to the facility where the delivery carrier is located. You should be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance!!

Given the volume that CBCS is receiving, it’s certainly understandable that the order would not have yet moved from submitted to processing.

My concern is time passing if in fact I might need to pursue a claim/investigation with USPS.

Fingers crossed for an update on my dashboard soon 🤞

Thanks again.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggovel
My concern is time passing if in fact I might need to pursue a claim/investigation with USPS
I think that’s the worst part of the check-in delay since you might not know there is/was an issue with your shipment before it’s too late to take action
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjoody
Quote:

Thanks. You answered the question I came here to ask. I wasn't entirely sure if this was the case or not.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Wow 17 weeks now

On the orders that were received when the TAT was 13 - 14 weeks shouldn't that TAT be in effect on those orders?
Or does it just get adjusted every time the TAT changes on the website?

I'm in the same boat as you; order was received on 3/17 during a 12-13wk estimated turnaround. And since it IS an estimate, I'm assuming that it's adjusted accordingly.

It could also depend on where your order fell within the queue. If my order got in before a 200+ order, I'd assume it would be closer to the original estimated TAT instead of if I got my order in AFTER that one.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm.

I live in Dallas. Reading these posts makes me wonder if there's money in a "delivery to CBCS" business model. You ship me your books, I take them physically to CBCS and provide photographic evidence of them being handed over. No more worries about them falling through the cracks.

Joking, of course.

Because there's not much money in that.
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

I wouldn't hold your breath. CBCS customer service was suppose to send me a return shipping label for a Amazing Spiderman #300 they mis-labeled.

The label is missing all of the important info that always accompanies this book.

I really would like to have the label corrected, but at this point Ive all but given up hope of getting the return shipping label.

If I just sent the book back at my own cost with a note explaining the problem? or would that really confuse them and get my book lost in limbo?

I once sent one back that had to be re holdered since it was broke on shipping. They advised I wait until another sub to send it in. I wanted it fixed so I paid shipping back and had my book returned in 6 weeks...... aaaaahhhhhh, the good ole day TAT......
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
I wanted to reach out to everyone with an update on where we are currently, and to address some common issues we are seeing.

Thanks @Darryl_H for the great update!

Do you know what is going on with CBCS Canada? I sent my order via Oakville and when it was done it got the "Ship to Canada" status and then arrived. Everything looked fine, but then got dinged with a Fedex duty/customs bill, so it appears it was sent directly to me instead of via Oakville.

Just wondering if they're still doing business or if I should be sending everything direct for the time being...
Post 28 IP   flag post
601488 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?