What are you listening to? 3.015138

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Post 751 IP   flag post
My new favorite song (This week )
Post 752 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Post 753 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 754 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse

I see your Devil sir, and I raise u a Beaver
Post 755 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Post 756 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 757 IP   flag post
Post 758 IP   flag post
Post 759 IP   flag post
Post 760 IP   flag post
Post 761 IP   flag post
Post 762 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Metallica "Until it sleeps" on "Metal Mayhem" (MTV Classic channel)!!!
Post 763 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
This is really all you need.
Post 764 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

I’ve seen it live, but still had to watch the whole video. Just insane what the guy can do. This is one of my favorite YouTube vids of all time. I’m kinda envious of people that get to hear TOOL for the first time
Post 765 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

I’ve seen it live, but still had to watch the whole video. Just insane what the guy can do. This is one of my favorite YouTube vids of all time. I’m kinda envious of people that get to hear TOOL for the first time

I’ve seen the (Pneuma drum cam) video maybe a dozen times. Even my kids have watched it all the way through.

What most don’t understand is to play with this ease requires the ability to play at -least- 125% “better” than this. The kicker is the composition itself. The combination of talents is what sets him apart.

Last saw them when Fear Inoculum was released. Have his signature ride cymbal on its way (gift from my wife).
Post 766 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Post 767 IP   flag post
Post 768 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Love the backstory of this band. Joe Pass bringing the heat on guitar

Post 769 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
Jubilee - Japanese Breakfast.

VIDEO:

The only good thing about moving our daughter down to South Carolina for her year long hospital residency was finding Monster Music & Movies in Charleston SC (https://monstermusicsc.com/) and purchasing the album version of Jubilee.

I purchased a new turntable in 2021 after my old Dual turntable finally gave out after close to 20 years. Thank goodness Jubilee came with a digital download, also.
Post 770 IP   flag post
Post 771 IP   flag post
Believe it or not, I was the Executive Producer on this indy album......
Post 772 IP   flag post
Great video and nice tribute performance. Interesting choice of songs though since Working Man is one of the few popular Rush tracks not written/originally performed by Peart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Post 773 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Great video and nice tribute performance. Interesting choice of songs though since Working Man is one of the few popular Rush tracks not written/originally performed by Peart.

Perfect choice, and for those unsuspecting folks who were treated too this, I'm sure it was an experience for the ages. It's about as close as one could get to an early RUSH John Rutsey performance as Dave Grohl is closer to a traditional rock drummer style-wise. Peart had a more nuanced style like a jazz percussionist. Geddy Lee's in better voice here than expected & Grohl clearly worked his tail off reaching back to his Nirvana days.
Post 774 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica Got to see them on the Moving Pictures, Signals & Hold Your Fire tours.
Peart was phenomenal. His set up on Moving pictures was massive. He had more drums and symbols than two or three drum sets...
Post 775 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Perfect choice, and for those unsuspecting folks who were treated too this, I'm sure it was an experience for the ages. It's about as close as one could get to an early RUSH John Rutsey performance as Dave Grohl is closer to a traditional rock drummer style-wise. Peart had a more nuanced style like a jazz percussionist. Geddy Lee's in better voice here than expected & Grohl clearly worked his tail off reaching back to his Nirvana days.

Peart is actually pretty far from jazz even after he received mentorship from Gruber. He is a hard hitter and incredibly precise - very similar to Grohl. While I am a big fan, his Buddy Rich tribute exposed one of his few weaknesses - he really couldn’t swing. Showed strength in making the attempt itself as I am certain he knew he was playing outside his comfort zone. Not inferior to jazz drummers by any means, just different. I know Grohl could have played several of Peart’s classics very well - not beyond his ability or skill set. He’s a humble guy so it might have been intentional.

Big loss, Peart. Hawkins far too soon as well.
Post 776 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Evanescence - that gal Amy Lee has got some set of lungs. Seen them twice this year
Post 777 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Peart is actually pretty far from jazz even after he received mentorship from Gruber. He is a hard hitter and incredibly precise - very similar to Grohl. While I am a big fan, his Buddy Rich tribute exposed one of his few weaknesses - he really couldn’t swing. Showed strength in making the attempt itself as I am certain he knew he was playing outside his comfort zone. Not inferior to jazz drummers by any means, just different. I know Grohl could have played several of Peart’s classics very well - not beyond his ability or skill set. He’s a humble guy so it might have been intentional.

Big loss, Peart. Hawkins far too soon as well.

Yeah, we all miss Peart; he contributed so much to their sound after the first album, not to mention his great lyrics. Saw them live on their anniversary tour around 2005. Neil's precision was magnificent. That said, there was something about Grohl's playing that had a muscular classic rock feel to it (lol - maybe it was his hair).

Anyway it made me recall Rutsey's only recorded live performance of Working Man from '74 just prior to Neil taking his place over John's health issues, so I'll post the YouTube link here...

There's actually a six song performance from this (about 40 minutes) posted on YouTube; it's worth checking out. The one above appears to be the best quality of this performance and has the original 4:3 aspect ratio.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Great video. Working Man was one of their big three radio songs while growing up in Toronto. The other two were Tom Sawyer and The Spirit of Radio. Of course being Canada, they played a Rush song every 10 songs or so on the rock stations. Part of Canadian law.

Peart was an atomic clock. Sadly never saw Rush in concert. Closest for me is their Rush in Rio DVD. Drum cam option is great. Saw Geddy Lee on two separate occasions (we frequented the same music store) and Lifeson was virtually neighbors with a friend of mine. All Canadians know each other, eh?

If you haven’t listened to some of Grohl’s other work, give a listen to his drumming on Queens of the Stone age, Probot or Them Crooked Vultures. He also drums on many other artists’ albums. His reputation is a guy who can do a great “first take” in a studio - a musician’s musician. Unusual for non-session players and even more so at his level of writing talent and stardom.

This is a fun watch too.

Can you tell I’m a fan? I listen to the technical masters like Lang, Donati, Minnemann, Mangini, Porcaro and others most non-drummers have never heard of and still have Grohl in my top-10 or 20… he combines great playing with composition and musicality in a way few could (Bonham, Peart, Carey are some others).
Post 779 IP   flag post
love this performance.....
Post 780 IP   flag post
600713 999 30