Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What are you listening to? 3.015138

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson ok, that was pretty cool.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
My Generation (got to see the group perform this live in '76)...

Regenerated (will be seeing the guitarist's "Regal Red" ensemble Friday)...

Post 27 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 29 IP   flag post
Post 30 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 31 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Cheap Trick Live at Budokon
Post 32 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still hyped from hearing King Crimson live last night, Here's a longer version of what I posted on my Facebook page...

Last night's King Crimson concert at the Will Roger's Center opened with the California Guitar Trio ...actually the California Guitar two-thirds with Tom Griesgraber filling-in for Hideyo Moriya who was unable to make this leg of the tour. CGT performed several complex pieces to rounds of applause finishing with a brilliant version of Echoes from Pink Floyd's Meddle played flawlessly with an array of difficult effects on amplified acoustic guitars.

Following CGT's performance there was a brief break and King Crimson took the stage with standing ovation before they ever started. That bar was met several times over the course of the evening and raised every time. King Crimson's set list for the night (the first set was followed by a 20 minute intermission):

-Set I

Drumzilla
Pictures of a City
Epitaph
Radical Action II
Level Five

-Set 2

The Court of the Crimson King
Red
One More Red Nightmare
Indiscipline
Starless

-encore
21st Century Schizoid Man

Excellent show, fairly rowdy Texas audience ...especially toward the end of the second set after a lot of alcohol had been consumed, the venue nearly sold-out in spite of Covid-variant concerns. The audience was more mixed age-wise than expected skewing slightly to older KC legacy fans.

Stand out performances of One More Red Nightmare, Starless and In the Court of the Crimson King although every number was solid. When included the center piece of any Crimson concert is an encore of 21st Century Schizoid Man. The version performed last night was searing in it's presentation, delivered with such profundity that it came across as a statement on the world we find ourselves in. Timeless piece and perfect show closer.

Here are several images Bob Wayne took at the close of the concert (we'd been provided great seats for the event, center section, row J):

Post 33 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
It's 90's rap kinda day. Hip-hop / rap today is freaking garbage. Also, get off my lawn.

Post 36 IP   flag post
90s rock n' roll

Post 37 IP   flag post
Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Im certainly not a tech fellow mostly because I don't care. I found a need recently though and you'll understand how far behind I am..... I am listening to anything on these sweet earpieces for a while.

Post 40 IP   flag post
First thing in the archives that popped to sound shoot....
Post 41 IP   flag post
Still hard to believe he's passed:

Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
I'm still hyped from hearing King Crimson live last night, Here's a longer version of what I posted on my Facebook page...

Last night's King Crimson concert at the Will Roger's Center opened with the California Guitar Trio ...actually the California Guitar two-thirds with Tom Griesgraber filling-in for Hideyo Moriya who was unable to make this leg of the tour. CGT performed several complex pieces to rounds of applause finishing with a brilliant version of Echoes from Pink Floyd's Meddle played flawlessly with an array of difficult effects on amplified acoustic guitars.

Following CGT's performance there was a brief break and King Crimson took the stage with standing ovation before they ever started. That bar was met several times over the course of the evening and raised every time. King Crimson's set list for the night (the first set was followed by a 20 minute intermission):

-Set I

Drumzilla
Pictures of a City
Epitaph
Radical Action II
Level Five

-Set 2

The Court of the Crimson King
Red
One More Red Nightmare
Indiscipline
Starless

-encore
21st Century Schizoid Man

Excellent show, fairly rowdy Texas audience ...especially toward the end of the second set after a lot of alcohol had been consumed, the venue nearly sold-out in spite of Covid-variant concerns. The audience was more mixed age-wise than expected skewing slightly to older KC legacy fans.

Stand out performances of One More Red Nightmare, Starless and In the Court of the Crimson King although every number was solid. When included the center piece of any Crimson concert is an encore of 21st Century Schizoid Man. The version performed last night was searing in it's presentation, delivered with such profundity that it came across as a statement on the world we find ourselves in. Timeless piece and perfect show closer.

Here are several images Bob Wayne took at the close of the concert (we'd been provided great seats for the event, center section, row J):

Bro, I saw them some 21 years ago at the Town Hall in NYC. Unbelievable show. They did an acoustic version of Three of a Perfect Pair that night that was simply amazing.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Post 44 IP   flag post
Post 45 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
What a voice!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Post 47 IP   flag post
These (this and one above) came back to back just now based on my mix preferences. Yes, same singer.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know how many of you remember Jose Feliciano. You've probably heard his Feliz Navidad song as it gets played every Christmas. he is an amazing guitar player that does not get the credit due him.

PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR MIND BLOWN!

with his cover of Jimmi Hendrix's Purple Haze (and let's not forget, He's blind)

https://youtu.be/AHNCIc86ZVA
Post 49 IP   flag post
Post 50 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Post 51 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Post 52 IP   flag post
Post 53 IP   flag post
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Currently listing to The BombPops “Death in Venice Beach” album. It’s pretty solid if you like Pop-Punk. I did not care for their previous album (“Fear of Missing Out”) though.

Post 55 IP   flag post
601452 999 30