Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Submitting CGC for CBCS reholder/regrading15123

Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I got a couple of slabs back from CGC recently that are a little loose in the slab. Not visibly moving, but I can feel the inner well shift when I turn the slab or pick it up, etc.. But, when I got in touch with CGC they said "that's normal but send us a video if it's possible". Now, I might be crazy, but I don't feel like there's any way in hell the inner well should be shifting around inside a slab or that "it's normal" for that to happen.

But, this is just another nail in the coffin. I'd already pretty much decided I was only going to go to them for SS slabs going forward anyway, now it'll just be SS slabs I REALLY, REALLY want.

So my question is about submitting CGC slabs like this to CBCS. I know you can do it. But I was just looking through the "submit a comic" area and I can't find anywhere to sort of tell CBCS that you are submitting a CGC slab for reholder/regrade? Am I just missing it? Or do you just submit as normal and they figure it out when it gets there?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You submit the book as normal. There isn’t much for them to figure out once it’s received. It will be cracked and put into the queue for grading.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Do they send the label in to CGC, or do they just send it back to you to deal with?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Do they send the label in to CGC, or do they just send it back to you to deal with?

The labels are sent to CGC and their census is eventually updated.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sweet, thanks all. I'll just submit as normal then.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think CBCS returns labels to the cgc any more.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think there was a post made by Steve that after CBCS had their census they mutually return labels
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You think the cgc is sending CBCS labels back to CBCS?
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I believe they said they will. Whether they do or not is anyone's guess.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson nope lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
I got a couple of slabs back from CGC recently that are a little loose in the slab. Not visibly moving, but I can feel the inner well shift when I turn the slab or pick it up, etc.. But, when I got in touch with CGC they said "that's normal but send us a video if it's possible". Now, I might be crazy, but I don't feel like there's any way in hell the inner well should be shifting around inside a slab or that "it's normal" for that to happen.

But, this is just another nail in the coffin. I'd already pretty much decided I was only going to go to them for SS slabs going forward anyway, now it'll just be SS slabs I REALLY, REALLY want.

So my question is about submitting CGC slabs like this to CBCS. I know you can do it. But I was just looking through the "submit a comic" area and I can't find anywhere to sort of tell CBCS that you are submitting a CGC slab for reholder/regrade? Am I just missing it? Or do you just submit as normal and they figure it out when it gets there?

Many of my CGC books from the last 2 years have this “normal” inner well movement. Many also have the “normal” newton ring effect.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Stardust_Memories private msg quote post Address this user
I had that same request with sending in slabbed books from other companies and got a vague response in an email that didn't really give an answer. I sent them in as normal so I'll have to wait and see. Oh, and they didn't mention anything about a July 4th discount. Not very customer friendly.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601455 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?