Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have any experience using the signature service? Do they handle and treat books carefully? Any horror stories? Thinking of getting a likely 9.6 Batman 251 and likely 9.2 Batman 232 signed by him but wanted to hear others experiences first…
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure about his store but you may want to inquire if these stickers will be put on the book as well.

I thought they were separate purchase but other folks in other threads here and on CGC forum have said he put the sticker right on the book with his signature.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector psucl99 private msg quote post Address this user
You can send an email that’s on the NA webstore and Jason can take care of you. I got a signature with the pen color and placement that I wanted...totally worth it! I did not get a sticker tho.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hmmm - yeah, no sticker please ;-)

I will reach out to Jason again.

Thanks and if any other experiences out there, please share
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave - Not sure where you are located Dave, but he appears pretty regularly at east coast conventions. I have obtained his signature at RI and CT cons over the last 5 years (excluding last year of course).
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I've gotten a few things from them. They're legit and take good care of your stuff. And, no sticker as far as I know.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave If you have some free time, enjoy this thread from almost 2 years ago. I started it after Neal asked me for $50 for a signature at a con and I almost crapped myself:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/10264/page/1/neal-adams-is-a-sign-of-the-apocalypse/
Post 7 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I remember reading that before I joined the forum. Fascinating read - I am usually able to “separate the art from the man” but some of the treatment of books that I read about made me wonder how his store might operate…

In terms of signing cost etc, I get the idea or capturing the “value” since so many buy and then sell… so I can respect that. Thought about even offering to throw an extra $100 or $200 to Neal if the Batman 251 grades at 9.6+ haha… give him a slice of the value. That book like 95% of my books is a buy and hold so it would just be him pocketing $$ and me spending more.

I may get the Batman 232 signed and just get the 251 graded. Love the 251 cover pristine so likely better… i have maybe 5 or 6 Neal sigs already too…
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Funny thing is that for the longest time.... 80's / 90's and probably the early 2000s, Neal Adams was free. I got dozens of autographs from him during that 25 year period.

And now..... $50? .... yea.... not even if I hit the lottery. Thats for sure.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601226 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?