Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Jun 5% discount is almost over.I am hoping July discount would help us all with a great 10% discount.I could finally send in a big hall instead of 5 hear and 5 there.Like they say in Las Vegas Go Lucky 10.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see a signature verification discount. I've been holding on to a few.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I agree.Could use either one.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I mean 5%? I feel like they’re doing that just to be able to say they’re giving a discount. That doesn’t even cover tax these days.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
If you all owned a business with TAT's at 14 weeks, how much discount would you be offering? What would be your purpose? To grow TAT's to 20 weeks?
Post 5 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
The market seems ripe for a cgc regrading discount imo.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I think I should get free stuff plus head of the line privileges.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
this
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I looked around a bit and couldn't find it, but this is post-marked by June 30th?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
If you all owned a business with TAT's at 14 weeks, how much discount would you be offering? What would be your purpose? To grow TAT's to 20 weeks?

Actually, with con season about to take off, it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to get people to submit now instead of big hauls coming in through cons/signings. Get the stuff that isn't going to be witness sig in and started to spread out the surge a bit.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have it on good authority that will be the promotion in October. So everyone should just hold their submissions until October and wait for that.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
@WndrWmn74 Yea, I snickered when my June discount was $12.60 for a $676 order.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still on the fence about submitting. Do I let my comics sit in a box for months, or submit them for an expected 4-5 month turnaround? I definitely don't see a need to have any more comics submitted for my personal collection at this time, but maybe I'll send in a larger order to sell through MCS.
Post 13 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You have two choices in regards to submitting. They can sit at home in box waiting for the TATs to improve. They can set in a box at CBCS in line for service. Either way, they're going no where fast. It doesn't make sense to hold your books six months for a one month turn around time.
Post 14 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I had to read that twice.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I have it on good authority that will be the promotion in October. So everyone should just hold their submissions until October and wait for that.

You misunderstand. I'm the only one who should get this discount since I feel entitled to monthly discounts.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
hoping for a solid 10% discount.

i am trying to put together a small order of 6 comics.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I think cbcs just put out discount 10% july 1 to july 6 i think?😳😃🎉
Post 18 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Jun 5% discount is almost over.I am hoping July discount would help us all with a great 10% discount.I could finally send in a big hall instead of 5 hear and 5 there.Like they say in Las Vegas Go Lucky 10.

@comicsforme - you fished your wish!
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post 20 IP   flag post
Yeah, that’s just stupid.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It's a small window but I'll be preparing a shipment today and hopefully get it sent out by Saturday.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I think cbcs just put out discount 10% july 1 to july 6 i think?😳😃🎉

This is it: CBCSID10
Post 23 IP   flag post
What should I do if the promo code doesn't work since all my comics are grade screened and there is no bill at this time since I've also selected local pickup? Should I just write the code on the invoice and make sure to postmark it by the 6th?
Post 24 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - Yes. I always write it on the invoice anyway.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@esaravo thanks Ed! It ended up working but I'll write in on there as well.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Wishing I could send off a huge shipment, but I’m definitely sending off a few. Hopefully they’ll offer this again soon. For the CBCS guys that read these posts, THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
i have to get a order together

to bad they cant extend it. its a holiday weekend
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I see that CBCS says to contact them if submitting large qty for potential special pricing. Any idea what constitutes a large qty? And is the discount better than the monthly 5-10% discounts?
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek that’s more for dealers sending hundreds, if not thousands of books in
Post 30 IP   flag post
597961 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?