Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeSignatures

First CBCS Mail Call15011

Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of mail calls recently, so joining the club.
My babies came back home on Father's Day! (Pun intended. )
From the Conway Signing. All were pressed and sealed. Opened them blind and was pleasantly surprised. They all came back higher than I thought except for the Batman.

Was hoping this one would reach 9.4 after a press, but unfortunately it didn't make it. Bought it along with a bunch of other Batman and Detective books at a lcs bargain bin for a quarter apiece back in 1986, so not too shabby:

Thought this would be a 9.4:

Wasn't too sure what this would get. I had it anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5, so very pleased with the grade:

I thought this one would get a 9.0:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mrbryceman private msg quote post Address this user
Nice slabs, I have a bunch I'm waiting on from CBCS can't wait to see what I get for grades. I have a bunch that are signed I want to send in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
@peterc777
Loving the Firestorm, I have a few of these to send in, it looks really excellent in a slab đź‘Ś
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Nice grades, congrats. That first appearance of Power Bosom Girl in All-Star 58 is quite popular. About a year ago I went a little bat-shit crazy buying copies of Firestorm #1 for speculation. I believe it's a severely underpriced first appearance. I also picked up many copies of the 2004 3rd series introducing Jason Rusch. NM copies below cover price seemed like a risk-free speculation opportunity.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Great choice of books for Gerry Conway.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Nice grades, congrats. That first appearance of Power Bosom Girl in All-Star 58 is quite popular. About a year ago I went a little bat-shit crazy buying copies of Firestorm #1 for speculation. I believe it's a severely underpriced first appearance. I also picked up many copies of the 2004 3rd series introducing Jason Rusch. NM copies below cover price seemed like a risk-free speculation opportunity.

“Power Bosom Girl” 🤣
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you everybody! I was trying to choose books that hopefully somebody might be interested in if I ever have to sell them. I'm more of a DC guy, so these were the ones that came to mind.

I bought the “Power Bosom Girl” All-Star back when I started collecting again back in 2007-08 for not very much -- most likely because there's some mold or mildew staining (or something else) on the back cover. I always told myself I would pick up a better copy later but then she exploded in popularity and now I'm not too sure it's worth replacing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
598026 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?