Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Cover stains (maybe fruit juice!?)15004

Collector shawn_t private msg quote post Address this user
I have an X-men 141 with some light red stains on 3-4 spots on the cover. This is most noticeable in the center of the X in X-men. They may be fruit juice stains!?

With a press I estimate this to be 9+ not taking into consideration the stains.

Is this still worth grading or is it less than 4.0 now?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
maybe 4.5 - 5.5 at best with the stains
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
In both this and the Wolverine 8 I'm wondering if it's ink transfer...maybe the books were stored in a stack for a long time and ink transferred from the book above it in a stack?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
That may be the inside colors of the cover bleeding through the paper and making it visible on the outside.

If it's the same defect, I have seen many books with this defect and it does affect the grade. I have never been able to determine how much of a grade drop this defect would present.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Good catch! It is definitely bleed through from the other side of the front cover. specifically the flesh from the boy’s face.

Perhaps I will send this in for grading to see how much of an effect it has. If I do, I will update this post.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
👍
Post 6 IP   flag post
hmmm, I just realized that an O.J. Simpson ad "bleeds" through to my cover...that is somewhat disturbing!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
@shawn_t so technically speaking, they are juice stains.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600439 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?