Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

question about moderns14987

Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
I am trying to learn the ropes and would appreciate anyone's input that has had the same thing I have done. I submitted 5 moderns that came from a company that they are supposed to be 9.8 s. that being said when I submitted them I added the press if needed, just in case. I don't think any really needed pressing but well you know. How does that work come time to process them as to since 1 or 2 might just need, I'm not a grader so I don't know, I left it to the professionals, but at what point will I know which did need and which were just sent to grading??? I know I'm not real clear with my question but some of you should know kinda what I'm asking. Thanks for reading, peace
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
By “I added the press if needed” what exactly do you mean?

The relevant service would be Press Screening. Basically a presser will look at the book and try to gauge whether the book’s grade could be improved with a press.

The books will go in line for pressing and as their turn for pressing come close they will be screened and those that are thought to benefit from a press will be pressed.

Assuming that is the only screening service you applied to your order I imagine your invoice should update and you should be billed accordingly after the books have been pressed
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
I did the same recently, so I get your question.

I got an email back saying the book would be pressed and that generated a separate invoice.

One thing to note: the pressed book was just one out of five, meaning - and I figured this out after the fact - the five books will ship back to me based on the SLOWEST of the five (the one being pressed). Kind of a bummer, but saves on shipping in long run.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
By “I added the press if needed” what exactly do you mean?

The relevant service would be Press Screening. Basically a presser will look at the book and try to gauge whether the boo’s grade could be improved with a press.

The books will go in line for pressing and as their turn for pressing come close they will be screened and those that are thought to benefit from a press will be pressed.

Assuming that is the only screening service you applied to your order I imagine your invoice should update and you should be billed accordingly after the books have been pressed

yes that is it, told you I'm not real clear on all this yet
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERB_in_CLT
I did the same recently, so I get your question.

I got an email back saying the book would be pressed and that generated a separate invoice.

One thing to note: the pressed book was just one out of five, meaning - and I figured this out after the fact - the five books will ship back to me based on the SLOWEST of the five (the one being pressed). Kind of a bummer, but saves on shipping in long run.

Thank you
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost - Quite frankly, you may likely not see any reference until after they are graded and ready for shipping. I have seen adjustments to my bill/invoice at that time once finalized, you may see the extra fee x's how may comics (if any) were actual pressed. You may even catch your invoice in "Billing" at this time. As long as a credit card is on file and in good standing, they might even be shipped before you notice the changes to your dashboard.

Honestly, I don't believe that I have ever received a note/email similar to what @ERB_in_CLT, in that I am told "x" comic was actually pressed. I have only ever discerned that from the updated invoices.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@timberghost - Quite frankly, you may likely not see any reference until after they are graded and ready for shipping. I have seen adjustments to my bill/invoice at that time once finalized, you may see the extra fee x's how may comics (if any) were actual pressed. You may even catch your invoice in "Billing" at this time. As long as a credit card is on file and in good standing, they might even be shipped before you notice the changes to your dashboard.

Honestly, I don't believe that I have ever received a note/email similar to what @ERB_in_CLT, in that I am told "x" comic was actually pressed. I have only ever discerned that from the updated invoices.

Thank you.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?