Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsSigning Opportunities

MEGACON Who’s Going?14976

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,
So I am planning on attending my first Con since 2019 and I am stoked to make it a Con I have never been too. Wanted to check in and see if we had any forum members planning on attending. If so let us know. All the best!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to go to Comicpalooza 2021 but the money for this Con is little to high for me.$60 Con/$20 for parking = $80 plus food/comics/signings and only 2 artist only.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Me!!!!!!!! (I should be there at least one day to drop off Books to CBCS) but i'm not too excited over the guest list so far but i'm hoping some more names sign up.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll be going
Post 4 IP   flag post
@bennyb86 Awesome to hear. I am hoping some more creators jump on board as well. Right now I am only going for one sig, but I will have a chance to go to one of the bigger Cons and enjoy some sun in FL.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head Right on! What days? I will probably only be there for one of them most likely Friday.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
@Zombie_Head Right on! What days? I will probably only be there for one of them most likely Friday.

Friday and either Saturday or Sunday
Post 7 IP   flag post
Anyone heard of FanBoy EXPO? Talk about cutting into Megacon's audience, it's the following weekend at the Wyndham on International Drive (Parking there will be a NIGHTMARE) but they actually have talent I want compared to MegaCon (So far at least) but I don't know if I like the fact that panels/Q&A are reserved for VIP tickets only. August is going to be tough on my wallet.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector felixrunners private msg quote post Address this user
I've gone to Megacon in Orlando a few times. It's been great and they had great artists/talent prior to COVID. So I'm guessing they'll bounce back pretty good. I am probably going this year at least for a few days. Normally I get the full pass, but haven't bought it yet this year.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Huge adds last night and today for Orlando Megacon. George Perez now attending. They've also added Clay Mann, Scott Snyder, Tom King and several other names since yesterday.

If you haven't been to Megacon before, many of the "big" names are there with companies/agents. There are typically additional fees for signatures and then even higher fees if you're getting it graded. Just be ready to spend a minimum $10/sig if grading for anyone represented by comicsketchart.com. Most of the people were $5/sig, and anywhere from $10-$20 if getting graded.

Paying for the ticketed signing events can be an efficient way to maximize your investment depending on how many things you want signed/graded. Also, many of the creators will have times listed on sheets on their table for when they're going to be there...you can't really go by those.

In the past, there have been some creators that will only allow graded sigs through a 3rd party facilitator (like agents of slab) and they freak out if you show up with a witness (almost saw a fist fight in 2019 at...think it was Parillo's table).
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome back etapi, nice to see you post again. Hope you are well
Post 11 IP   flag post
@etapi65 thanks for the heads up! Honestly I am really happy to see they are still adding guest to the show. Adding Perez is pretty huge considering I thought he had retired from signing events. My have to get on that!
Post 12 IP   flag post
By the way. I really like Orlando Megacon; there's just some stuff to be aware of before you go that will make it a little more smooth to get through your day while letting little things go. Have a good time; no fun going for just stress and disappointment.

I have no reason to believe it'll work the same way, but last time George Perez was at a Megacon in Florida (was Tampa 2016) they were handing out little red raffle tickets and you had to go pick one up first thing. Then come back later in the day at a time that you'd just sort of guess they'd have gotten to your number, or around it...then get in line by asking the people in line and figuring out where your number fit. Not the most efficient, but it actually worked OK. Super nice dude.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Do you have any insight for Greg Horns signing habbits or fees?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Do you have any insight for Greg Horns signing habbits or fees?

Both times I got Greg Horn stuff he charged $10-15/sig (I don't recall now, it's been since his Dark Knights: metal covers). BUT, if you bought the books from his booth directly, he only charged $5.00/sig. He gave discounts of some sort for military/veterans. I'm not a veteran, he asked if I was and mentioned a discount I said I was not, so I don't know what the discount was. Honestly, there's basically no price difference from buying from his online store and getting stuff signed (and often, there are discounts on his store that make that less expensive). Of course, then you miss out on meeting the creator. If you want to meet him and chat he'll talk to you at his booth and is nice enough; he's just also typically quite busy selling/signing.
Post 15 IP   flag post
and my old association begins paying dividends right out the gate, I had no idea he had a page to buy things from....I just ordered the Enchantress, and a few other prints for my wall! Thanks Etapi
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
and my old association begins paying dividends right out the gate, I had no idea he had a page to buy things from....I just ordered the Enchantress, and a few other prints for my wall! Thanks Etapi

it's worth it to be on the mailing list. He sometimes has sick remarks in 9.9 and 10s in addition to signed and unsigned options and occasional sales.
Post 17 IP   flag post
If anyone is interested in a couple of not quite as big name people; Scott Blair and Anna Zhou are on the list and both do very reasonable; very nice sketches. Scott usually has some pre-done covers that are often jokes or puns. THese two I bought pre-done from each, but also have a commission from each.

Got this from Anna for $50 sometime in 2019 (hope she's actually charging more now).

And got this from Scott Blair for..under $100 (I think it was $70). .

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector ProdigalSon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I was going to go to Comicpalooza 2021 but the money for this Con is little to high for me.$60 Con/$20 for parking = $80 plus food/comics/signings and only 2 artist only.

yeah, I get so upset with 'Palooza and their BS. they forget about the comic fans, and their response is always the same.. "we cater to all genres", or "stay tuned for more announcements in the coming weeks". we're less than a month away, and still only 2 comic creators!!! i guess i'll be skipping their CASH GRAB event!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Jae Lee and Tony Daniel added. Haven't seen Tony Daniel at a con before.
Post 20 IP   flag post
FYI MegaCon added a whole slew of Celebrity guests yesterday (Cast of Lucifer !!!) and it seems a quite a few names have been added to the Comic Creators List if anyone wants to check that out
Post 21 IP   flag post
601333 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?