Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Red Rooster gets plucked.14972

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Back in August of 2018, Mitch Breitweiser was pushing a new book that he was writing and painting and had on Indiegogo. The campaign was a huge success and led to the formation of Allegiance Arts comic book company. I originally just went in at the $25 level to get the graphic novel. Due to all the great hype that Mitch was posting about the sketchbook, I upped my contribution to $50 to get the gn and the sketchbook. I was looking forward to a sketchbook that was close to the size of the gn or maybe even oversized.

I got everything about a month ago. I liked the gn. It turned out pretty nice. It basically came with a dustcover on it. I like the poster. Then there were some miscellaneous things that I figured were propaganda material. Where was the sketchbook? I was about to message them when I took a closer look at the propaganda material. There was a 16 page comic book sized "pamphlet" I thought. I've gotten free propaganda material like that, so that's what I figured it was. Nope. It was the sketchbook I paid an extra $25 for.

I went to the campaign page and expressed my displeasure. The reply was that they were proud of that sketchbook and plan on using that layout for future projects.

I was so upset that after 2+ years of waiting patiently only to get screwed over, that I put everything away that night and have not even looked at it until now. At this point, I doubt that I will ever buy an Allegiance Arts comic book ever again. I know for certain that I will never buy a Red Rooster comic or any comic that has Breitweiser associated with it.

Also, the sketchbook was supposed to be signed and wasn't.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I was about to message them when I took a closer look at the propaganda material. There was a 16 page comic book sized "pamphlet" I thought. I've gotten free propaganda material like that, so that's what I figured it was. Nope. It was the sketchbook I paid an extra $25 for.

I think the word for the pamphlet is "promotional material" rather than propaganda material. Unless it were signed, numbered and personalized in some way, that does seem like quite the ripoff. If they lost you, then they lost one of their most loyal customers...that's a pity.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I was about to message them when I took a closer look at the propaganda material. There was a 16 page comic book sized "pamphlet" I thought. I've gotten free propaganda material like that, so that's what I figured it was. Nope. It was the sketchbook I paid an extra $25 for.

I think the word for the pamphlet is "promotional material" rather than propaganda material. Unless it were signed, numbered and personalized in some way, that does seem like quite the ripoff. If they lost you, then they lost one of their most loyal customers...that's a pity.

Propaganda ... promotional ... toe-mate-o ... toe-mought-o

Yeah, I was excited about this. I like Mitch Breitweiser's art, especially his watercolor pieces. This whole gn, and all the Red Rooster comics, are done by him in watercolor. I followed him on Facebook and looked forward to his RR posts. As you probably remember, I hyped the whole line here in the forum when they debuted. I told other RR backers to be patient, that I was confident that the book and sketchbook would be impressive. After seeing the sketchbook and reading his reply to my comment, I'm just done. I still haven't even looked at the whole gn yet. I looked at the indiegogo campaign and it was 29 days ago that I opened the package and left the comment. I put everything back in the bag that day and it just sat there until today. I don't get upset very easily, but I was over this!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Red rooster is a fast food chain in Australia. Which the last time I ate there was on holidays, long weekend Easter holiday, no car and the only place open during the public holidays.
Even sub-way was closed

I'd rather eat at taco bell

Sorry to hear your disappointment Jesse over what you paid for.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
600861 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?