Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector MySlabs private msg quote post Address this user
Glad you guys are having some success transacting on the platform. With regard to the nudity, we've addressed a couple of the sellers where the inventory seemed to be coming from and also added a note to the image upload flow essentially stating that nudity isn't allowed. We're a bit old school and figured risque would perhaps be some Frank Frazetta covers, lol. Clearly certain modern titles take it to a completely different level (as the board member here pointed out) and we felt it was necessary to address it. Let's try to keep it to capes and tights
Post 126 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
My issue is simply the amount of time wasted on high $ asking prices for reprints of what I am searching for.

Hard to fix except requiring everyone to check yes/no to a reprint field, include as a filter, and penalizing people who circumvent.

Ebay has a similar issue (among many bigger issues) but the mix of original vs reprint is more balanced so I am burning less time.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@MySlabs

Is there currently any prohibition against selling the CBCS Raw Grade books on the site? Other than the name of the company having "slabs" in it, I haven't seen any restriction. Should I try putting a couple up and see what happens? They are sealed in mylar with a tamper-evident sticker and present like this:

Post 128 IP   flag post
As of now it's full-on slabs only, however we have been discussing the possibility of opening up raw on the comics category only (not cards) as a beta-test. It's delicate bc of the customer service issues raw transactions may create, but we're seriously considering it.

Keep you guys posted and certainly open to hearing any thoughts/feelings from you guys on this!

Thanks,
Ken
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySlabs
As of now it's full-on slabs only, however we have been discussing the possibility of opening up raw on the comics category only (not cards) as a beta-test. It's delicate bc of the customer service issues raw transactions may create, but we're seriously considering it.

Keep you guys posted and certainly open to hearing any thoughts/feelings from you guys on this!

Thanks,
Ken

@MySlabs Ken, please just make sure your team understands the difference between raw and CBCS Raw Grade. A CBCS Raw Grade book has been graded and checked for restoration by CBCS and then bagged in a mylar with a tamper-evident sticker. The only thing that's lacking is the actual slab. It's a service that CBCS offers for a reduced price vs. slabbing. It's very different than just raw books. If you open it up to raw books it will turn into a shit show. But opening it up to CBCS Raw Grade could bring in some nice inventory that sells quickly.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Yes of course, totally understand the distinction. Maybe we could add a CBCS Raw Grade "Slab-Type" and have those sold in the slabs section as they're closer to a slabbed book than a raw one.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySlabs
Yes of course, totally understand the distinction. Maybe we could add a CBCS Raw Grade "Slab-Type" and have those sold in the slabs section as they're closer to a slabbed book than a raw one.

If you can do it I suspect the two services would dove-tail nicely. The seller who uses CBCS Raw Grade is probably a good fit for myslabs.com since they are looking to minimize 3rd party transaction fees.
Post 132 IP   flag post
600644 132 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?