Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Conan 1 up for auction for Jesse14947

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

@ebaymafia started a thread with the idea of auctioning off 3 books that all proceeds being paid directly to the gofundme donation page for our moderator @jesse O I will post a link to the page to donate. I will cover the shipping, the winner will donate directly to the fund raiser. Thanks for participating and helping. This is a copy of Conan 1, a pretty hot book and extremely undervalued for such an iconic book. I put this book in the 6.5 range, the centerfold is detached at the top staple. Bidding will start at 100, auction ends Friday at 7pm pst. Happy bidding
Post 1 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I bid $100
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross thank you
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
$110
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
$175
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
And if I could please request prayers…I had emergency spinal surgery just 3 days ago, so in a lot of pain and trying to recover. Thank you all.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@WndrWmn74

Best wishes and a speedy recovery....
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Dang, @Batman66 Don't play! Great donation book!
@WndrWmn74 I wish you all the best in a speedy recovery. But I have to take this up to $250, which probably won't hold up for too long.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
$300
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector JPOCO private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll go $350.
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
$400
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 thank you so much for doing this!!! I appreciate it!!!

@WndrWmn74 I hope you have a full and speedy recovery!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
Hope you have a speedy recovery
Post 13 IP   flag post
Bump. Auction ends Friday 7 pm pst. Hope you all know what a great deal this book is at the current bid of 400. I think I'm being conservative on the grade, it's possibly higher than a 6.5. Not to mention it's going to a great cause.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Link to the gofundme page for @jesse_O

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-jesse-olson-raise-money-for-medical-bills?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ok everyone, auction ends today at 7pm pst, let's get the final bids in
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hour and and half left, get this book while it's cheap. Pay attention to #7 on the top10 list. https://youtu.be/Au8kQmf9rhc
Post 17 IP   flag post
I will bid $425. But I'm not hoping to snipe. I will feel bad if the top bidder @CFP_Comics doesn't get a chance to respond. If you want to extend the auction, I'm cool with that.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I will bid $425. But I'm not hoping to snipe. I will feel bad if the top bidder @CFP_Comics doesn't get a chance to respond. If you want to extend the auction, I'm cool with that.

@EbayMafia You, sir, are a gentleman and a comic book scholar.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'll do 450$ but will yield to cfp as well.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

@EbayMafia You, sir, are a gentleman and a comic book scholar.

@MrNotSoNice lol, There's just something grotesque about the idea of sniping a fundraiser auction. I'm sure there's a better word for it than grotesque, but I can't think of it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I just finished watching the video @Batman66 just posted and talked my brother into funding so, Sniping was last thing on my mind. But I will admit I snipe on ebay.... =)
Post 22 IP   flag post
Fundraiser or not, I'm a sniper.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I just finished watching the video @Batman66 just posted and talked my brother into funding so, Sniping was last thing on my mind. But I will admit I snipe on ebay.... =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Fundraiser or not, I'm a sniper.

Well yeah, on Ebay we're all strangers. It's snipe or be sniped there.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Not sure how long to wait on cfp, but send me a private message if I won.
Post 25 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Why are you waiting on me? If I was outbid take the higher bid. It’s an auction after all, correct?

Plus,it’s more money for Jesse.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Just trying to be considerate.
Wasn't sure if it was a book you really wanted.

But it's all good. I'll even up with @Batman66 in a sec
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Just trying to be considerate.
Wasn't sure if it was a book you really wanted.

But it's all good. I'll even up with @Batman66 in a sec

I would have bid more. But, I do appreciate the olive branch.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Ok everyone, thanks to all who participated. Bronte takes it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
A HUGE thank you to @Batman66 for doing this!!!

Congrats and thanks to @Bronte!!!

And thanks to everyone who bid; @southerncross, @Frontier2Xterra, @WndrWmn74, @EbayMafia, @rtdcomics, @JPOCO and @CFP_Comics!!!

You all humble me with your generosity!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601510 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?