Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

What if it's blue and not green?14932

Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
If the guys across the street grade a book with a 2.0 Blue Label that the grader notes clearly state "has a small missing piece on the centerfold that affects the backup story", how would you all feel about having that book in your collection? And even more so, what if that book was a very expensive, hard to find, even harder to afford, Silver Age key with the first appearance of a major character? And let's say it's one of the toughest Marvel Silver Age books to obtain in any grade in today's market. Would that missing piece keep you from buying it if it still holds a Blue Label?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I might get it as a "placeholder" but the fact it affects part of a story would prolly bother me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I never knowingly buy books with pieces missing. So, in this case, I'd pass.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Depending on the book
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I guess the big question is this. What if it was as rare as a Showcase 4? I own a Showcase 4 with a small piece out of the front cover. It's a Blue 2.0 white. That doesn't bother me because I can see it. So let's say I was looking at buying a Hulk 1 (or an X-Men 1, or a Spider-Man 1), should a missing centerfold piece (small, torn, not cut) bother me more than a small piece missing from the front cover where I can see it and KNOW that it's there? They are all Blue labels. Also, I've heard that Green labels aren't used as much in the lower grades. Maybe this is the case. Or maybe how deliberate the missing piece came to be missing can play a significant part? Maybe "cut out" is harsher than "torn off". I'd love to get a lot of feedback on this because these are the things that keep me up all night. Lol. Thank's all. I appreciate each and every one of you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Like they say "buy the book, not the grade." If it was a book I had been hunting for a couple or three years, I'd probably get it. But if one comes up every month, I'd pass.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@jaysonslade when it comes to mega keys, I'm just happy to own one, it wouldn't bother me
Post 7 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I kind of agree. If the damage is readily visible it's easier for me to accept. If it's hidden in tbe book, it depends on price. If it is sold at less than a typical 2.0 then I'd get it as a placeholder. If it was being sold at FMV I'd pass. I don't think I could deal looking at that book knowing I paid full price with that kind of defect.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Wouldn't stop me. I wasn't gonna crack it a read the story anyway. At this point for me it would just be about display. I'd probably prefer the nicer presenting 2.0 with the missing piece over the kind without interior damage personally.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia totally with you on that. The better presenting the better
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Post 11 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I think the question is: Why doesn't it have a GREEN LABEL???
Post 12 IP   flag post
600440 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?