Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

Newbie question: PGX to CBCS14908

Collector Bigw00ddaddy private msg quote post Address this user
I am hoping for a little bit of insight, before I attempt to submit my first ever books to CBCS.
I recently won a dual signed (Stan Lee and Todd McFarland) Spider-man #1 (silver), but it's a PGX.
I can't seem to figure out how to enter this into the submission form (I know CGC has "cross over regrade" or similar on their form.)
I have 0 interest in keeping this in a PGX case, and want to get the verified sigs, and yellow label.
Any info would be appreciated!

~Tim
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS occasionally gives promos, if you aren't in a hurry, you can wait fir a special on crossover, or signature, or use the June promo for grading.

I would leave in the pgx case as it is added protection and let CBCS remove it from tbe shell.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My guess is crack it open and submit it to CBCS for signature verification, maybe a press and get it slabbed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Show some photos of the book here (without the PGX Label showing) and maybe we can give you some more feedback regarding the signatures. Stan Lee's signature changed so much over the years that often times, CBCS is unable to authenticate it. Prior to submitting the book to be graded and verified, you can send photos to Beckett and pay them $10 to determine if Stan's signature will pass verification. You'd still have to pay the additional $25 per signature after this, but I think it may be worth it to at least have the check Stan's before mailing anything in.

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
DON'T crack it open. Just submit it. You can call them first if you need assurance. This month is 5% discount.
Insure it via registered mail or flat rate box.
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bigw00ddaddy Weren't you asking how to enter a CBCS-equivalent of "cross over regrade" on the submission form? If so, I don't think you have to enter anything special but I could be wrong. I haven't done that regrade thing yet with CBCS.

And welcome to the forum.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@tonyz58 I'm just curious, why not crack it open? It's still sealed in the inner plastic. Just for added protection?
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Yes, just for the added protection during shipping and avoiding any mishaps that may come from cracking it out of the shell.

@Bigw00ddaddy As others have mentioned, all you do is enter the book as a regular submission. You don’t do anything different due to it being in a competitor’s case.

When submitting you will probably want to do signature verification since CBCS does not honor witnessed signatures from PGX. In addition to the grading fees you would need to pay $25 to verify the first signature and another $15 to verify the second.

As others have said, Stan Lee’s signature is somewhat hit and miss with verification. You could use Beckett’s signature review but even if they say the signature is likely to pass doesn’t guarantee that it will. Additionally, a signature failing verification does not necessarily mean that it is fake, only that it could not be Verified.

If you do not wish to pay the additional fees for verification for one or both signatures just be aware that the grade will be hit due to the signatures counting as writing on the book.

Finally, be sure to check out the Newbie’s Guide for additional information on submitting books and services offered by CBCS
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Bigw00ddaddy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Show some photos of the book here (without the PGX Label showing) and maybe we can give you some more feedback regarding the signatures. Stan Lee's signature changed so much over the years that often times, CBCS is unable to authenticate it. Prior to submitting the book to be graded and verified, you can send photos to Beckett and pay them $10 to determine if Stan's signature will pass verification. You'd still have to pay the additional $25 per signature after this, but I think it may be worth it to at least have the check Stan's before mailing anything in.

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@OGJackster Yes, just for the added protection during shipping and avoiding any mishaps that may come from cracking it out of the shell.

@Bigw00ddaddy As others have mentioned, all you do is enter the book as a regular submission. You don’t do anything different due to it being in a competitor’s case.

When submitting you will probably want to do signature verification since CBCS does not honor witnessed signatures from PGX. In addition to the grading fees you would need to pay $25 to verify the first signature and another $15 to verify the second.

As others have said, Stan Lee’s signature is somewhat hit and miss with verification. You could use Beckett’s signature review but even if they say the signature is likely to pass doesn’t guarantee that it will. Additionally, a signature failing verification does not necessarily mean that it is fake, only that it could not be Verified.

If you do not wish to pay the additional fees for verification for one or both signatures just be aware that the grade will be hit due to the signatures counting as writing on the book.

Finally, be sure to check out the Newbie’s Guide for additional information on submitting books and services offered by CBCS

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input
Post 9 IP   flag post
598080 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?