Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Pedigree comic thread [2021]14907

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the last thread got archived.

This is the brand spankin' new 2021 pedigree comic thread!!

This is a weird cover. Metal blindfold?

uhhh guys just run past the thing to the escape tunnel...

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito LOL
Post 2 IP   flag post
I always liked this cover. It really stands out.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
My first pedigree book. Got it originally because I thought the cover was funny.

Post 4 IP   flag post
And the only other one I own as of now. I love this cover as well.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Since the other thread is archived, here's a link to the CGC's recognized pedigrees (it's worth noting that they currently recognize 61 pedigrees, now including Chinatown and the Promise Collection, but only mention recognizing 59 in their uncorrected script)...

clickable text

I'm assuming CBCS recognizes all pedigrees the CGC accepts and perhaps a few more that may not be mentioned on the list. For more specifics on individual pedigrees, here's a link to my earlier archived pedigree and provenance thread (OGJackster kindly provided full descriptions of all known and established pedigrees to that date in the second post in the thread)...

clickable text
Post 6 IP   flag post
Recent acquisition...

Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
And the only other one I own as of now. I love this cover as well.

One of my favorite covers. I hope to have one to display soon. Not a terribly expensive book, but hard to find in higher grades.
Post 8 IP   flag post
For sure, I recently found that I'm a fan of a lot of the older GA Captain Marvel and SA/BA Shazam covers/issues. So I was stoked to find a copy of this at this grade, and a pedigree copy at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
One of my favorite covers. I hope to have one to display soon. Not a terribly expensive book, but hard to find in higher grades.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Great book Catman! I bid on some books but got shutout. It was tough as the minimum seemed to be around $10,000 /book. Phew! Beautiful books.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Great book Catman! I bid on some books but got shutout. It was tough as the minimum seemed to be around $10,000 /book. Phew! Beautiful books.

Thanks! Yeah, the bids were withering. Somehow I won two books, but was closed out on others I'd been tracking.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Here's the other book and yes, I'll admit it, I was teasing it out a bit...

Post 12 IP   flag post
Some of my favorite books in my collection are from the Davis Crippen pedigree.

This Golden Age collection was second in size only to the extraordinary Edgar Church/Mile High accumulation, numbering roughly 13,000 issues and containing near complete titles from every company and genre between 1940 and 1955. It also has a distinctive history of discovery; about 2000 books were initially stolen from the Crippen house in 1991 and assimilated into the market as the "D" copies, named for the distinctive penciled code written at the top of the first page of each comic. Once Crippen passed away and the remainder of the collection was sold in 2006, the theft came to light and the origin of the pedigree was revealed.

Post 13 IP   flag post
601338 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?