Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
If you trade the equivalent of three keys for a huge key which was sold to you stating it would be a 1.5-1.8 and it gets a .5 married 5th wrap (not disclosed and I don’t think the seller knew about) would you as the buyer expect the seller to compensate you for the difference? I will add I believed the cover was married and expected it to come back restored, seller offered to take it back and send my book back to me. I went forward with the grading luck for me no restoration but like I said 5th wrap married.

Please be honest with me what would you expect. I will not disclose the sellers name as I respect privacy
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The person offered to make it right?
May I inquire what the issue is?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes prior to grading offer a refund. I edited this message he is offering a refund of all books for the book in question
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user
In my opinion it all depends on what made it a 0.5. What was the defect that caused them to knock it so aggressively?

Good news is no resto which is huge!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
This happened to me recently. Bought a higher priced book - came back green label - married centerfold - but I ate it since I really wanted the book. I could have caused a stink but ah well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It has a cut out on page 5 a complete square one of the comic cells and married 5th wrap. Book has heavy tape. I was in fear of it having a married cover the seller did offer a full return of the books prior to grading. I also went back to our exchange about the book he offered to take it back and return my books. The issue I have is grading and verification of signature cost me $400.

The book is X-men 1. The book should arrive hopefully tomorrow or the next day I will post pictures once it arrives.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Its a coin toss, and your call really...which would you rather?
Seller offered to do right for you, so that isnt an issue or should not be

You are stating your issue is the 400 that grading and signature verification cost you, but regardless if the entire book was married or not, you were still going to spend 400 dollars to get the book...graded and verified. I fail to see how that changes anything.

Just choose the path that feels best for you...either return it or do not..these things happen when you buy raw grail type books , and its the cost of playing the game. Sometimes you make fire and sometimes you get burnt
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town you are correct it just sucks to finally have the grail you want and this happens. I guess it could be worse like @jokioo said no restoration.
I must say the seller has been very understanding and a great guy.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like the seller offered the return before grading. If he is still offering the return after grading I find that fairly incredible. It's like letting someone pull on the slot machine and then giving their money back when it doesn't work out. Asking him to refund your grading costs as well would be egregious in my opinion.
Post 9 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @Darkseid_of_town: regardless of the condition of the book, you decided to get it graded and get the sig verification. The seller should not be responsible for that cost.

It sounds like this seller is doing more than most to make things right. While I understand the desire to not expose his name, if you were to do so he might get an uptick in business as a result. I think I'd be willing to buy from him. Sounds like a reasonable seller.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider so what books did you give up for the X-men 1. That book has a lot of upside left. Sending it to cbcs you won't get the plod or glod
Post 11 IP   flag post
We traded
Tales of Suspense 39 CGC 2.0
ASM 300 CGC SS Stan and Todd 8.5
Avengers 4 CGC. SS 5.0
Post 12 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider
We traded
Tales of Suspense 39 CGC 2.0
ASM 300 CGC SS Stan and Todd 8.5
Avengers 4 CGC. SS 5.0
yup, definitely give back the X-men, probably over 10k in trade
Post 13 IP   flag post
And that’s why I am bothered with the grade. The seller had been more than helpful. As soon as the book arrives I will be shipping it back. If it was for lessee books I would have stayed with it. Sadly it came back .5. It is what it is.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The trade included this book as well. Beautiful 10
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I’d rather have the X-men 1. That book is on fire and once they make the mcu universe I think the .5 will be well over $10k. I could be wrong but idk. It’s a risk for sure.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Was no one aware of the cutout panel before the book went for grading?
Post 17 IP   flag post
We both knew about it. I knew it would affect the grade this much!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t feel too bad for the seller. At least he will be getting his book back graded (a $400 value).
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider
We both knew about it. I knew it would affect the grade this much!!

@Amspider I assume you mean "didn't know" but either way, if the seller is taking it back, he's a saint. Either that or he really wants the book back now that it has avoided the Restored Label. But there's nothing he did wrong in the transaction that should make him feel responsible for taking it back after the grade was known. I think you are very fortunate that he is willing to take it back. Is he an Ebay seller? Maybe give him some recognition here.
Post 20 IP   flag post
600890 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?