Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Flee_Marquette private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta
And by the way. There are many of us that do not think that CGC grades are more accurate than CBCS and vice versa. CGC has their own set of criteria on what constitutes a grade and CBCS has their own criteria. Sometimes what qualifies as a 8.5 at one will get a 9.0 at the other and vice versa.

In the beginning I wanted to see what would happen and some books going from CBCS to CGC went up a grade and others went down. Each company displays the same consistency within a certain margin of error in grading under whatever their standards are.

At least my 2¢

Now onto important things.

Which of you CBCS guys will be adopting Kav?

You cannot have Greggy though, someone told me that he is still stuck inside the CGC boards.
I was able to post an emoji for the brief moment it allowed me in to make a post before it went down again.
That is too funny. I was also able to get in for a brief moment and I saw where you made a post and I clicked on it. I was thinking it was back up, but it immediately gave me the same error message.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
@Buzzetta Regarding the Promise Collection, someone here did some sleuthing and apparently figured out who the brothers were and that the collection has been pieced together.

Not sure if it was pieced together from separate collections, or if it was one collection that was split up in the early 90s and has now been reassembled. Either way, it does not sound like the O-O tale we're being told is entirely accurate.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user

Watson, Greggy and Flee all on the same page? I must be in an alternate dimension.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley This place definitely needs a designated sales area with sub categories like the CGC marketplace.

I'm on the CGC boards more often, but enjoy this place because you can actually talk about the competition, no secret mods, and it's nice that @sborock answers questions, clarifies things, and is an ever-present evangelist for the hobby.
Post 79 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Dick_Pontoon Do you still have that possessed Mercedes?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterEaterLad
@Buzzetta Regarding the Promise Collection, someone here did some sleuthing and apparently figured out who the brothers were and that the collection has been pieced together.

Not sure if it was pieced together from separate collections, or if it was one collection that was split up in the early 90s and has now been reassembled. Either way, it does not sound like the O-O tale we're being told is entirely accurate.

Thing is that if it was split up to strangers I doubt that 5000 books could be acquired back. There may be some half truth to that if the books were split up amongst various family members and then reassembled under the idea of splitting the profits in a certain manner.

I am always on the lookout for any books that have the name "Andy" "Larry" or Buzzetta on them as they may have belonged to my grandfather or my uncle. I imagine that if those books had survived that they would have been split up like a lot of other things were from deceased relatives.
Post 81 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Would it be a reverse wormhole if I was on the CBCS forum and found myself on the CGC forum that went back to the CBCS forum? This’ll take an intergalactic fam I’m sure.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Lurker89 private msg quote post Address this user
I've come from the other side only to find @kav is omnipresent.

The outage has pushed me right into CBCS's loving arms I own a few CBCS books along with many of the other guys.

Don't know what kept me from joining up here sooner.

Will I be accepted or burned at the stake?
Post 83 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Lurker89 accepted!!! 100%
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Lurker89 private msg quote post Address this user
@buzzetta is here as well

A bunch of posters who I know but most definitely don't know me as I mostly lurk and post about how awesome Moon Knight is.
Post 85 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Oh no. Looks like this board has been infected. 😂
Post 86 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Ready the vinegar and water, stat!
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Gotta be holy water though right ?
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
If you guys haven't visited the cgc forums you really should. Alot of good discussions regarding comics, good people in general and I've bought comics many different places but nothing can compete with the cgc market place. Just my opinion on it.

Definitely agree with the marketplace. I wish this forum at least had a separate buy/sell/trade section. The General section is nonsense incarnate every time I look at it but I like the interactions in the Silver, Bronze and Copper sections. Marwood's Marvel pence thread has been one of my favorites on there. I'm sure a lot of people peruse both forums but interactions on either are personal preference. I'm much more active here than on the CGC forum but I still pop in because I've learned a lot about some stuff over there.

I agree for sure. It would be nice to have a separate sub forum dedicated to sales. The other thing that would be nice is posted guidelines for selling and moderator who was in charge of that similar to the cgc boards. I like both places and am doing my first transaction here shortly as i recently bought a statue here from a board member.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
That's what she said.
Post 90 IP   flag post
KUNG FU PANNDA greggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
That's what she said.
That's what she really said.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker89
I've come from the other side only to find @kav is omnipresent.

only on Earth 666
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Onlyweakneskrypton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee_Marquette
Quote:
Wow, this thread is like someone has torn a page right of the Best of The cgc Forum handbook and dropped right here on the CBCS boards.

Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
And by the way. There are many of us that do not think that CGC grades are more accurate than CBCS and vice versa. CGC has their own set of criteria on what constitutes a grade and CBCS has their own criteria. Sometimes what qualifies as a 8.5 at one will get a 9.0 at the other and vice versa.

In the beginning I wanted to see what would happen and some books going from CBCS to CGC went up a grade and others went down. Each company displays the same consistency within a certain margin of error in grading under whatever their standards are.

At least my 2¢

You cannot have Greggy though, someone told me that he is still stuck inside the CGC boards.
I was able to post an emoji for the brief moment it allowed me in to make a post before it went down again.

Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyweakneskrypton
Quote:
Quote:

At least my 2¢

You can post the greggy emoji if you want!
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
Quote:
Quote:

Gotta be holy water though right ?

Waters from Lake Minnetonka.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

A bunch of posters who I know but most definitely don't know me as I mostly lurk and post about how awesome Moon Knight is.

Hiya

I've been known to stop by here every now and then to see what is going on.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Would it be a reverse wormhole if I was on the CBCS forum and found myself on the CGC forum that went back to the CBCS forum? This’ll take an intergalactic fam I’m sure.

@HeinzDad, I wish it was that type of alternate reality. This is the type of reality where we regulars wake up tomorrow feeling all used and sticky and dirty.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Hiya

Post 99 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Hiya

That's what she said.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector thunsicker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon

Watson, Greggy and Flee all on the same page? I must be in an alternate dimension.

More likely you travelled through time than dimensions. 2010? 2012? While you’re there can I get you to pick up some comics for me?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I wish it was that type of alternate reality. This is the type of reality where we regulars wake up tomorrow feeling all used and sticky and dirty.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Flee_Marquette private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon

Cgc boards circa 2010.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wish it was that type of alternate reality. This is the type of reality where we regulars wake up tomorrow feeling all used and sticky and dirty.

@Onlyweakneskrypton I figure since you all are here for the evening I may as well do my best to entertain you. By the way, does anyone know if pressing will fix this?

Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@Onlyweakneskrypton I figure since you all are here for the evening I may as well do my best to entertain you. By the way, does anyone know if pressing will fix this?

Yes most of that will buff right out.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601333 364 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?