Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoy the humor of the Greasers vs Soc's underlying dynamic between the two forums, straight out of The Outsiders. We have our few hybrids who cross over between the two forums. I lurk there fairly often, usually late at night, beer in hand. I saw a post on the CGC forum that if CBCS had graded the Promise Collection there would be a bunch of 10's instead of 9.6's. Then of course we have the belief on this side that a CBCS 9.6 could often be a CGC 9.8.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
What will the posters over there who have 1000's upon 1000's of posts do?

I'll find out.

@Kav, you weathering the outage?

NO
Post 52 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I enjoy the humor of the Greasers vs Soc's underlying dynamic between the two forums, straight out of The Outsiders. We have our few hybrids who cross over between the two forums. I lurk there fairly often, usually late at night, beer in hand. I saw a post on the CGC forum that if CBCS had graded the Promise Collection there would be a bunch of 10's instead of 9.6's. Then of course we have the belief on this side that a CBCS 9.6 could often be a CGC 9.8.

Do they think it's a made up Pedigree as well? And if they'd go that far, why not make up some grades as well?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:

I'll find out.

NO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:

I'll find out.

NO

I didnt realize you posted here
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Do they think it's a made up Pedigree as well? And if they'd go that far, why not make up some grades as well?

@flanders I think the sceptics like myself suspect the Pedigree is embellished and extended to include more books, but not completely made up. I haven't seen these doubts expressed on the CGC boards though, have you?
Post 55 IP   flag post

error msg has changed folks.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:

I'll find out.

NO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:

I'll find out.

NO

I didnt realize you posted here

thats what she said.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
thats what she said.

ROTFLMFAO!!!
Post 58 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, this thread is like someone has torn a page right of the Best of The cgc Forum handbook and dropped right here on the CBCS boards.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Flee_Marquette private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Wow, this thread is like someone has torn a page right of the Best of The cgc Forum handbook and dropped right here on the CBCS boards.

Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee_Marquette
Quote:

You will always be a class act, my friend. I've missed your posts all these years.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Friday started early
Post 62 IP   flag post

Post 63 IP   flag post

Post 64 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is so busy and behind schedule that their webmaster has been conscripted into grading comics.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@flanders I think the sceptics like myself suspect the Pedigree is embellished and extended to include more books, but not completely made up. I haven't seen these doubts expressed on the CGC boards though, have you?

I don't know about the breadth of books included in the Pedigree but I don't think that that there were gift grades awarded as there are a couple of books around the 7.0 range that are part of this pedigree.

While I was looking at the Heritage catalog, I did see that there will be more books coming from this collection. I have been meaning to start plugging in the numbers and changing the last digit to see what has yet to come. It could be interesting.

When this collection was announced I made it a point to pick up a couple of GA books I wanted in midgrade in the fear that the books from this collection would cause all grades across the boards to increase yet again in value.

Either way - There is the possibility that the prices end at such a high number that other high grade GA collectors are motivated to cash in. We could see a lot of interesting stuff hit the market in the next two years.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
If you guys haven't visited the cgc forums you really should. Alot of good discussions regarding comics, good people in general and I've bought comics many different places but nothing can compete with the cgc market place. Just my opinion on it.
Post 67 IP   flag post
KUNG FU PANNDA greggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
Quote:
Quote:

I'll find out.

NO
That's what she said.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know about the breadth of books included in the Pedigree but I don't think that that there were gift grades awarded as there are a couple of books around the 7.0 range that are part of this pedigree.

While I was looking at the Heritage catalog, I did see that there will be more books coming from this collection. I have been meaning to start plugging in the numbers and changing the last digit to see what has yet to come. It could be interesting.

When this collection was announced I made it a point to pick up a couple of GA books I wanted in midgrade in the fear that the books from this collection would cause all grades across the boards to increase yet again in value.

Either way - There is the possibility that the prices end at such a high number that other high grade GA collectors are motivated to cash in. We could see a lot of interesting stuff hit the market in the next two years.
That's what she said.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
And by the way. There are many of us that do not think that CGC grades are more accurate than CBCS and vice versa. CGC has their own set of criteria on what constitutes a grade and CBCS has their own criteria. Sometimes what qualifies as a 8.5 at one will get a 9.0 at the other and vice versa.

In the beginning I wanted to see what would happen and some books going from CBCS to CGC went up a grade and others went down. Each company displays the same consistency within a certain margin of error in grading under whatever their standards are.

At least my 2¢

Now onto important things.

Which of you CBCS guys will be adopting Kav?

You cannot have Greggy though, someone told me that he is still stuck inside the CGC boards.
Post 70 IP   flag post
@greggy

Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
@greggy

Don't mock me, sir
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
And by the way. There are many of us that do not think that CGC grades are more accurate than CBCS and vice versa. CGC has their own set of criteria on what constitutes a grade and CBCS has their own criteria. Sometimes what qualifies as a 8.5 at one will get a 9.0 at the other and vice versa.

In the beginning I wanted to see what would happen and some books going from CBCS to CGC went up a grade and others went down. Each company displays the same consistency within a certain margin of error in grading under whatever their standards are.

At least my 2¢

You cannot have Greggy though, someone told me that he is still stuck inside the CGC boards.
I was able to post an emoji for the brief moment it allowed me in to make a post before it went down again.
Post 73 IP   flag post
@greggy

Post 74 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
If you guys haven't visited the cgc forums you really should. Alot of good discussions regarding comics, good people in general and I've bought comics many different places but nothing can compete with the cgc market place. Just my opinion on it.

Definitely agree with the marketplace. I wish this forum at least had a separate buy/sell/trade section. The General section is nonsense incarnate every time I look at it but I like the interactions in the Silver, Bronze and Copper sections. Marwood's Marvel pence thread has been one of my favorites on there. I'm sure a lot of people peruse both forums but interactions on either are personal preference. I'm much more active here than on the CGC forum but I still pop in because I've learned a lot about some stuff over there.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggy
Quote:

At least my 2¢

I was able to post an emoji for the brief moment it allowed me in to make a post before it went down again.
That is too funny. I was also able to get in for a brief moment and I saw where you made a post and I clicked on it. I was thinking it was back up, but it immediately gave me the same error message.
Post 76 IP   flag post
@Buzzetta Regarding the Promise Collection, someone here did some sleuthing and apparently figured out who the brothers were and that the collection has been pieced together.

Not sure if it was pieced together from separate collections, or if it was one collection that was split up in the early 90s and has now been reassembled. Either way, it does not sound like the O-O tale we're being told is entirely accurate.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user

Watson, Greggy and Flee all on the same page? I must be in an alternate dimension.
Post 78 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley This place definitely needs a designated sales area with sub categories like the CGC marketplace.

I'm on the CGC boards more often, but enjoy this place because you can actually talk about the competition, no secret mods, and it's nice that @sborock answers questions, clarifies things, and is an ever-present evangelist for the hobby.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@Dick_Pontoon Do you still have that possessed Mercedes?
Post 80 IP   flag post
600892 364 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?