Thats what she said
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Onlyweakneskrypton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Watch out for Galen's taser.....

Hahaha!! Man, I forgot all about that. I don't have that meme anymore...too controversial.

Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I knew someone would come through!
Post 228 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
They're not working, again...
Post 229 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

When the boards are down, it gives me time to read more CBCS threads. Keep it up, CGC!!!

Post 230 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
For a hypothetical situation, lets say both CGC and CBCS forums go down. Where would we congregate? CPG forum? CBR? Outside into reality?
Post 231 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
For a hypothetical situation, lets say both CGC and CBCS forums go down. Where would we congregate? CPG forum? CBR? Outside into reality?

We all travel to the center of the country....Lebanon, Kansas. I'll bring lots of beer.
Post 232 IP   flag post
CPG works.

Maybe PGX Forums?
Post 233 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would recommend the myslabbedcomics.com forum. It's basically unoccupied and in need of new tenants.
Post 234 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Post 235 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CPG works.

Maybe PGX Forums?

Can we take votes away?
Post 236 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
CPG works.

Maybe PGX Forums?

Can we take votes away?

Back at the dawn of time, when I was involved in beta testing the forums, users had the ability to down vote posts. It was the consensus that the feature needed to be deactivated.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley
@Galen130
Quote:
Quote:

We all travel to the center of the country....Lebanon, Kansas. I'll bring lots of beer.

Canadian forumites meet here (just east of Winnipeg):

Bring beer and comics.
Post 238 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I do enjoy some beer, and if there is some BBQ then I'm 100% sold on it.

Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps an idea worth batting around, but when you CGC regulars return to your board , might one of you consider posting a thread or link to our forums effort to help and fund our friend here Jesse? I realize he is an admin here, but need is a thing seperate from politics and perhaps we could all work together at this thing for a common cause?
Post 240 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Perhaps an idea worth batting around, but when you CGC regulars return to your board , might one of you consider posting a thread or link to our forums effort to help and fund our friend here Jesse? I realize he is an admin here, but need is a thing seperate from politics and perhaps we could all work together at this thing for a common cause?

Actually, GAC was kind enough to share it there the first day (or very close to it). It is found in the Water Cooler section. I have received anonymous donations and donations from people I do not know. It is quite possible that a regular CGC boardie has already contributed.

To EVERYONE who has contributed and is contributing, you have my deepest gratitude. My worry and concerns over these bills have led to more than one sleepless night!!!

It's been recommended that I perhaps do a regular check-in and update once everything is done. I've been tossing that idea around in my head for quite a while now. We'll see what happens.

Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Good deal, I think both forums should be useful to help out in a time of need, and glad it was already cross posted. Does it have a presence on facebook yet?
Post 242 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Good deal, I think both forums should be useful to help out in a time of need, and glad it was already cross posted. Does it have a presence on facebook yet?

Yes. I shared the GFM link in the CBCS Comic Collectors Club. Scifinator has shared his auctions there also. The only other group I shared it in was a "The Comic Mint" group. So far, there have been 88 shares of the GFM page. I might be responsible for 4 or 5 of those. The rest are out there somewhere.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

When the boards are down, it gives me time to read more CBCS threads. Keep it up, CGC!!!

Post 244 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
CPG works.

Maybe PGX Forums?

Can we take votes away?

Back at the dawn of time, when I was involved in beta testing the forums, users had the ability to down vote posts. It was the consensus that the feature needed to be deactivated.

Post 245 IP   flag post
Moderation decided it was far easier to just delete the offending posts and send the repeatedly offending board memebers to time out with habitual masters at baiting shown the door.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Actually I also shared the auctions and your GoFundMe on several other Facebook groups:

Slabbed Comics Buy Sell or Trade Community,
CBCS Slabs for Trade or Sale,
Comics for Sale,
Comic books buying, selling trading,
Comic books buy sell trade,
Valiant Comic Fans: Buy/Sell/Trade,
Marketplace,
And finally, though I don’t have many followers i shared in Instagram this weekend.
Post 247 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@Studley_Dudley
@Galen130
Quote:
Quote:

Canadian forumites meet here (just east of Winnipeg):

Bring beer and comics.

I disagree....we should meet in Regina....just think of the fun shirts we could have......
Post 248 IP   flag post
PHP again!!!!

Post 249 IP   flag post
I'm sensing hostility to the PGX thing :P
Post 250 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS forums are superior in 1 aspect, that's for sure. Don't think I've ever seen the boards down here.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Think the cgc boards are down again
Post 252 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS boards went down for maintenance at least once
Post 253 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Cgc boards back up, maybe it was my phone playing tricks
Post 254 IP   flag post
PHP issues again, comics still not ‘Received in’ at CGC…they are making it easier for me to make a decision to switch.

Post 255 IP   flag post
601308 364 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?