CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Pre-Code Collector's Society149

Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon





I've had this book on my "want list" as long as I've had a "want list". The next copy I see in 5.0 or better, I'm throwing tons of money at it.

Great book Dick_Pontoon.
Post 201 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Northford copy.


Post 202 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if this book if this is considered pre-code horror, but what the heck. It fit's the bill.


Post 203 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@vaultkeeper Very nice Sensation 109 and I would sure think it fits the PC bill. Another book on my want list.
Post 204 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user

Post 205 • IP   flag post


Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user

Post 206 • IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 207 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday In History:

On June 20, 1893, a jury in New Bedford, Mass., found Lizzie Borden not guilty of the ax murders of her father and stepmother.

Let's all show our Lizzie covers to celebrate this anniversary!

I only have a beater copy.






Post 208 • IP   flag post
Collector Larryw7 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrocomics



Really nice copy of a very tough book.
Post 209 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryw7
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrocomics



Really nice copy of a very tough book.


+1 Very nice!
Post 210 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user

Post 211 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Is it against the rules to show a CGC book?
Post 212 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
CGC book are all right to post.

Great classic cover Resurrection!
Post 213 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user

Post 214 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Thats going to be it for now. I had those saved, two of my favorite books.
Post 215 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Yesterday In History:

On June 20, 1893, a jury in New Bedford, Mass., found Lizzie Borden not guilty of the ax murders of her father and stepmother.

Let's all show our Lizzie covers to celebrate this anniversary!

I only have a beater copy.








That's the only Lizzie Borden cover I have too.

Are there others?


Post 216 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user

Post 217 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultkeeper
I'm not sure if this book if this is considered pre-code horror, but what the heck. It fit's the bill.




WTH is that middle finger doing with his knife? lol

Ahh, pre-code.
Post 218 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Ahh, pre-code.


Scott,.. buy just one really cool Pre-Code, and you'll never look back.

Make the jump, Brother!
Post 219 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Ahh, pre-code.


Scott,.. buy just one really cool Pre-Code, and you'll never look back.

Make the jump, Brother!


That's what I'm "afraid" of, Bill; to suddenly be willing to abandon my so close to completed goals of AF15/ASM #1-200 and Avengers #1-200.
Post 220 • IP   flag post
Collector The_Collector private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favourites:


Post 221 • IP   flag post
Collector The_Collector private msg quote post Address this user
And this one too:


Post 222 • IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user
The CoC #23 is one of my favorite pre code covers. Most like the #19 but I would take the #23 any day!
Post 223 • IP   flag post
Collector The_Collector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrocomics
The CoC #23 is one of my favorite pre code covers. Most like the #19 but I would take the #23 any day!


Hands down it is my favourite of the CoC run. I think 19's popularity is not so much because of the impact of the image but because of the Misfits connection.
Post 224 • IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. Just glad the CoC #23 still can be had at a decent price when one does come around. The #19 not so much.
Post 225 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
@vaultkeeper Heck horror is underappreciated. But that's fine by me; less competition.

That old Black Magic has me in its spell...


Post 226 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user



Mails here
Post 227 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
@The_Collector Wow! That EErie #1 is sweet! Congrats.

I always favored the cover of CoC #23 over the #19 too.
Post 228 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
@Dick_Pontoon

I love the heck out of Heck covers.

The Black Magic is an under-appreciated title also.



Post 229 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
@Resurrection Dark Mysteries had a great run. I wish I had more of them. Your PH collection is coming along nicely.
Post 230 • IP   flag post
657131 384 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?