CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Pre-Code Collector's Society149

Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 101 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 102 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
@mPoore Outstanding selection of EC covers! The talent at work there. . .magnificent.
Post 103 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMaurice
@mPoore Outstanding selection of EC covers! The talent at work there. . .magnificent.


Indeed! Keep em' coming.
Post 104 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@PhilMaurice That Eerie 7 is sharp with nice colors.
Post 105 • IP   flag post


I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 106 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 107 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing like a nice, bizarre Marvel Tales.


Post 108 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing new since mine yesterday? I will soldier on regardless. Astonishing #32. Werewolves!


Post 109 • IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Deleted
Post 110 • IP   flag post
Collector Larryw7 private msg quote post Address this user
This is the Bethlehem copy. It's miscut, but it sure is glossy.



Post 111 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Larryw7 Yeah, that's a beautiful cover indeed.
Post 112 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Larryw7 Yeah, that's a beautiful cover indeed.
Post 113 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder You can say that again!
Post 114 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@PhilMaurice I just now noticed I DID say it again! LOL
Post 115 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Yep. Once more and Candyman appears, I think.
Post 116 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
On an unrelated note:


Post 117 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I should post these scans to the pedigree page, but decided to share them here first.

I'm a huge fan of Ingles EC work and HoF #14 is exceptional.







HoF #19 is very special for baseball fans.
Even the cover features a double-header.
Post 118 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Very stunning books, thanks for sharing! The double header was funny as hell. I always thought #19 was an awesome cover and I love the colors on a good looking copy of #14.
Post 119 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder Much appreciated!

Shifting gears a little, here's a kewl pre-code SF book (love the stipple board effects Bill Everett achieved on this Atlas cover)...




Cheers,
Catman
Post 120 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! That's quite impressive. I've never seen a copy anywhere remotely in that territory.
Post 121 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Got another Astonishing, #10.


Post 122 • IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 123 • IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 124 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Crippen "D" copy


Post 125 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@vaultkeeper Very Nice!
Post 126 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks!


Post 127 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user

Post 128 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Crowley copy


Post 129 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Bill Everett, Marvel Tales #114. I've never been a huge fan of multi-panel covers, but it's hard not to like this one.


Post 130 • IP   flag post
657131 384 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?