CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Pre-Code Collector's Society149

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 76 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 77 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Sorry, all of rest are graded and in CGC holders (Gaines File Copies)...


No reason to apologize at all!


Thanks!

Since you're a Ditko fan here's another you'll probably like...


Post 78 • IP   flag post
Collector 427Impaler private msg quote post Address this user
Some killer books posted here (pun untended). Here is a trio of mine:








Post 79 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Impaler



Very nice books!

This one is on my radar.
Post 80 • IP   flag post


Collector 427Impaler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Impaler



Very nice books!

This one is on my radar.


Thanks! One of my favorites, graded at 5.5 OW/W. One of my first GA books!
Post 81 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one the missus got me:


Post 82 • IP   flag post
Collector Owen_Lorder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Forgot i picked this up last week. One of my favorite covers. Detached cover but the interior is absolutely mint. Thinking of getting a reproduction cover




This book is boss.. But honestly, getting a reproduction cover for this is like buying a Mustang and replacing its engine with a Hyundai
Post 83 • IP   flag post
Collector Jeffreykli private msg quote post Address this user

Post 84 • IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
@Owen_Lorder - I hear what youre saying,I would never think about replacing the cover if it wasent already detached.

I wouldnt be against some restoration depending on the cost. It would probably be cheaper just to buy a better book at that point.
Post 85 • IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user




I really got into pre-code horror a couple years ago, and I've been buying a LOT of books...
These are a couple of my favorites, and I will be sending them in to get slabbed soon.
Post 86 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Al Hollingsworth
Post 87 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 88 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Here's another the missus bought for me, Spellbound #18.


Post 89 • IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user
I like that Spellbound #18. It's funny. That dude's own arms are choking him, and that other guy is watching and laughing...I want a copy of this one
Post 90 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Charlton, Harvey, EC, DC, ME, Fox, Standard, Atlas! All the best and wildest publishers are well-represented here.

Next up is a Prize offering, a handsome Dick Briefer Frankenstein in 8.5 from the River City Collection.


Post 91 • IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user
I love these Dick Briefer Frankensteins! I have three or four of them, but nothing near as nice as an 8.5. I never see these for sale in high grade
Post 92 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, that's my only one, I'm afraid. It seems the horror issues are even harder to find than the humor issues.
Post 93 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Avon's EERIE #7 boasts a cover by Wally Wood and Joe Orlando. Strange that the vampire would attack during the day, as he is dressed for the evening.


Post 94 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 95 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 96 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 97 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 98 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 99 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 100 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 101 • IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 102 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
@mPoore Outstanding selection of EC covers! The talent at work there. . .magnificent.
Post 103 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMaurice
@mPoore Outstanding selection of EC covers! The talent at work there. . .magnificent.


Indeed! Keep em' coming.
Post 104 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@PhilMaurice That Eerie 7 is sharp with nice colors.
Post 105 • IP   flag post
657131 384 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?