CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Pre-Code Collector's Society149

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I seriously need to upgrade this one!


Post 51 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 • IP   flag post
Collector MusterMark private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I'm a bit SHOCKED and SUSPENSED that this thread hasn't been started yet so I'll most humbly get the party started.

Show your passion for the Pre-Code (Crime, Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy) genre. Recent purchases or not, aesthetic nose-bleeders or bottom of the barrel beaters (don't be embarrassed), raw or slabbed (by any company - no discrimination here).


So, no War?
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector Treco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMaurice


This is a great cover. Everyone in the room has a dreadful look on their face. Not the old guy at the controls. Lol
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 • IP   flag post


Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user

Post 56 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
This one features the origins of the Crypt of Terror, Vault of Horror, and Haunt of Fear in a story that stars Gaines and Feldstein!


Post 57 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an interesting pedigreed book. It's a Harvey Kurtzman file copy. As far as I know, Kurtzman never worked on Panic; it was EC's in-house rip-off of MAD, edited by Feldstein.


Post 58 • IP   flag post
Collector Owen_Lorder private msg quote post Address this user
Heres something a little different.. How about some..
Sheet music??

Post 59 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Nice. Wallace scored virtually everything for Disney, from Dumbo to Darby O'Gill, lending a unique and distinct sound to those features.
Post 60 • IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMaurice
This one features the origins of the Crypt of Terror, Vault of Horror, and Haunt of Fear in a story that stars Gaines and Feldstein!




That HOF 17 was one of the few pre-codes I never had in my collections (I started/stopped genres a few times over years). I do remember passing on it when my checklist had 17 already listed. TRhis was in my earlier collecting days and I did not have a list showing both numbering sequences.
Post 61 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PovRow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMaurice
This one features the origins of the Crypt of Terror, Vault of Horror, and Haunt of Fear in a story that stars Gaines and Feldstein!




That HOF 17 was one of the few pre-codes I never had in my collections (I started/stopped genres a few times over years). I do remember passing on it when my checklist had 17 already listed. TRhis was in my earlier collecting days and I did not have a list showing both numbering sequences.


I don't have that one in my HOF collection either.

@PhilMaurice Nice book Phil. Your description has me wanting to read it now.
Post 62 • IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Not much but i have a few



Post 63 • IP   flag post
Collector _bc private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Tales of Horror!
_bc
Post 64 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by _bc
Love the Tales of Horror!
_bc



Post 65 • IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot i picked this up last week. One of my favorite covers. Detached cover but the interior is absolutely mint. Thinking of getting a reproduction cover


Post 66 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 67 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 68 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 69 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I posted this earlier, in another thread...




Sorry, all of rest are graded and in CGC holders (Gaines File Copies)...
Post 70 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorite covers (apologies for the glare)...


Post 71 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Sorry, all of rest are graded and in CGC holders (Gaines File Copies)...


No reason to apologize at all!
Post 72 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 73 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 74 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 75 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 76 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 77 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Sorry, all of rest are graded and in CGC holders (Gaines File Copies)...


No reason to apologize at all!


Thanks!

Since you're a Ditko fan here's another you'll probably like...


Post 78 • IP   flag post
Collector 427Impaler private msg quote post Address this user
Some killer books posted here (pun untended). Here is a trio of mine:








Post 79 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Impaler



Very nice books!

This one is on my radar.
Post 80 • IP   flag post
657131 384 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?