CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Pre-Code Collector's Society149

Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@vaultkeeper What issue# is the "Strange Fantasy"? I've never seen this one, and she is a beauty and a must have.


This is the first issue of Strange Fantasy. It is listed as #2 (#1)


Post 301 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultkeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@vaultkeeper What issue# is the "Strange Fantasy"? I've never seen this one, and she is a beauty and a must have.


This is the first issue of Strange Fantasy. It is listed as #2 (#1)




Thank you!
Post 302 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if this qualifies as pre-code, but it's a great cover.


Post 303 • IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Manhunt run. It has some really interesting and wild covers.
Post 304 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Did I post this Ditko PCH gem already?


Post 305 • IP   flag post


Collector Allen_James private msg quote post Address this user
This is hands down my favorite genre. And while I think ECs are by far and away the run away best as far as art and story there are many covers out there that are amazing!


Post 306 • IP   flag post
Collector Allen_James private msg quote post Address this user

Post 307 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@vaultkeeper Love the Strange Fantasy books!
Post 308 • IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user
The Beyond 25 & 27 are the best of the run but very hard to find in decent shape.
Post 309 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
@vaultkeeper Love the Strange Fantasy books!


Strange Fantasy and Haunted Thrills had some great covers.


Post 310 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user

Post 311 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon
Did I post this Ditko PCH gem already?




I didn't check, but even if you did it's worth seeing again!
Post 312 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
I just scrolled through the entire thread. Turns out I did post it a few months ago. I’m really looking forward to a useable search function, so I can find all my own posts within a given thread and check through quickly.

Here’s another Astonishing. Almost looks like a superhero cover. It was a gift from the missus!


Post 313 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon


Here’s another Astonishing. Almost looks like a superhero cover. It was a gift from the missus!


My wife has never bought a book for me, but every time I wanted to buy an expensive book with time payments she has always said "Go for it".
Post 314 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrocomics
Love the Manhunt run. It has some really interesting and wild covers.


Little men with big syringes is always cool.


Post 315 • IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorite books


Post 316 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
@retrocomics Great cover!
Post 317 • IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user
@vaultkeeper Thanks! Wish I had a better pic to do I justice
Post 318 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like a sharp copy to me.
Post 319 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultkeeper
It looks like a sharp copy to me.


+1

Sweet copy!
Post 320 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultkeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon


Here’s another Astonishing. Almost looks like a superhero cover. It was a gift from the missus!


My wife has never bought a book for me, but every time I wanted to buy an expensive book with time payments she has always said "Go for it".


Mine has always helped in the same way. If I’m on the fence about a big purchase, she’ll usually convince me to go ahead.

I know he worked on every genere, but Joe Maneely isn’t the first guy who leaps to mind when I think PCH. I’ve never tallied any books, but I don’t think he did a lot of covers. (The missus bought this for me, too; she liked the cover.)


Post 321 • IP   flag post
Collector Allen_James private msg quote post Address this user

Post 322 • IP   flag post
Collector Allen_James private msg quote post Address this user

Post 323 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrocomics
One of my favorite books


Sweet!
Post 324 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Not a huge fan of multi-panel covers, but its Adventures Into Weird Worlds!


Post 325 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a cool cover.


Post 326 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
I need one of those! I haven't seen many copies in my travels.

A brief break from my Atlas fixation:


Post 327 • IP   flag post
Collector vaultkeeper private msg quote post Address this user

Post 328 • IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
My son just walked in as I opened the thread, saw the Mysterious Adventures and said "Cool!"
Post 329 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is a "killer" lol some awesome books posted. I am shipping a stack to be graded and will share once they return.
Post 330 • IP   flag post
657131 384 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?